Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Michelin ac10 review

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Thekeeper

Michelin ac10 review Empty
PostSubject: Michelin ac10 review   Michelin ac10 review EmptyFri Jun 03, 2016 3:41 am

hey all, wanted to share with you my opinion on the AC10 both front and rear on wr250r.

road: these tyres are road approved so u can legaly ride them on road. that is a huge plus if you want to stay legal.
traction: on the road the tyre gives a good feeling. best feeling i had from a knobby tyre. yet still not like a 50/50 or a road tyre. usefull and safely getting you connected between offroad places. i used it to ride 50km onroad getting to the dirt. felt awsome compared to other knobbies
cornering: feels okay as long as you dont push it too much. basic cornering.

offroad:
medium-hard terrain: feels at home. good traction on the rear, front feels abit loose though. a low pressure (14psi) is a must or you will feel it skidding abit.
soft terrain: very slippy. feels awfull compared to the MC5 but rideable.
cornering: feels good with a nice traction but i expected more from a knobby.

* tyre is awfull at pressures higher than 18 psi
* front is abit dissapointing being very thin and giving a constant loose feeling

i would give it a 7/10 as a knobby.
usefull if your rides and 80 offroad 20 on.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Michelin ac10 review   Michelin ac10 review EmptyFri Jun 03, 2016 7:04 am

I tried a Michelin AC10 on the rear a few years ago.

I feel that 14 psi is still too hard for off-road use.
Try 10 psi rear and 12 psi front.

The tire felt pretty much average to me and it seemed to prefer good ol' fashioned loamy dirt, the kind you can sink a knob into and leave a tire print.
On hard terrain where I ride, a Bridgestone M22 rear and M23 front (or the new X40) is a million times better.
I feel the thing the AC10 has going for it is DOT approval.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Michelin ac10 review   Michelin ac10 review EmptyFri Jun 03, 2016 2:28 pm

The gasgas I had a few years ago came with a ac10 on the rear of it.
It was slippery on hard terrain, wet rocks and roots, the kenda trackmaster rear is better all round and cheaper to boot, I didn't see any reason to buy another ac10.
The kenda parker dt I'm running currently is better again. thumb

I never ran one of the ac10 fronts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michelin ac10 review   Michelin ac10 review Empty

Back to top Go down

Michelin ac10 review
Page 1 of 1