Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Bars hitting IMS on full lock

Go down 
AuthorMessage
beer goggle

beer goggle

Bars hitting IMS on full lock Empty
PostSubject: Bars hitting IMS on full lock   Bars hitting IMS on full lock EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 7:57 am

As per the title, when on full lock my bars 'hit' the IMS 3.1 tank. When I say hit, I obviously mean press up and push into the tank by a couple of mm's. I know it doesn't sound like much, but the thing is it has only started doing this recently, so either the tank has swollen over a short period (been on bike a couple of months - been riding the f*ck out of her and it's getting warmer here) or it has slid forward slightly. To be honest I've not had the time remove seat etc to see if the tank has shifted forward, however I did put all my weight behind the tank and tried pulling it back...to no avail. Has anyone else had similar?
Back to top Go down

Bars hitting IMS on full lock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bars hitting IMS on full lock   Bars hitting IMS on full lock EmptyFri Jun 10, 2016 11:37 pm

beer goggle wrote:
As per the title, when on full lock my bars 'hit' the IMS 3.1 tank. When I say hit, I obviously mean press up and push into the tank by a couple of mm's. I know it doesn't sound like much, but the thing is it has only started doing this recently, so either the tank has swollen over a short period (been on bike a couple of months - been riding the f*ck out of her and it's getting warmer here) or it has slid forward slightly. To be honest I've not had the time remove seat etc to see if the tank has shifted forward, however I did put all my weight behind the tank and tried pulling it back...to no avail. Has anyone else had similar?

Mine just touches. I had to move some wires so they wouldn't get smashed.

The steering stop can be adjusted to stop it from touching.
Back to top Go down

Bars hitting IMS on full lock
Page 1 of 1