Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Camel Tank auxiliary fuel tank

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
manybikes

manybikes

Camel Tank auxiliary fuel tank Empty
PostSubject: Camel Tank auxiliary fuel tank   Camel Tank auxiliary fuel tank EmptyWed Jun 15, 2016 11:25 pm

Just installed a Camel Tank on my WR250X. I am building the WR into my light weight Adventure bike.
Excellent products http://www.camel-adv.com
Camel Tank auxiliary fuel tank Sam_1410

Fits behind my Dirt Racks. The racks also act as crash bars to protect the tank, but you can also mount the tank without needing the side racks.
Camel Tank auxiliary fuel tank Sam_1411

Keeps the width of the bike slim.
Camel Tank auxiliary fuel tank Sam_1412

Nice mounting hardware, top shelf stuff
Camel Tank auxiliary fuel tank Sam_1413

The auxiliary tank siphons (vacuum) to your main tank via hose to the Camel gas cap.
Camel Tank auxiliary fuel tank Sam_1414

Another view
Camel Tank auxiliary fuel tank Sam_1415

Adds a little over 6 litres (about 1.6 gallons)

k294 likes this post

Back to top Go down
ToddDubya

PostSubject: Re: Camel Tank auxiliary fuel tank   Camel Tank auxiliary fuel tank EmptyThu Jun 16, 2016 10:52 am

That looks really slick. You say it syphons via the cap vent; does that draw down at the same time as the main tank or is it truly a reserve?
Back to top Go down
manybikes

manybikes

PostSubject: Re: Camel Tank auxiliary fuel tank   Camel Tank auxiliary fuel tank EmptyThu Jun 16, 2016 12:52 pm

ToddDubya wrote:
That looks really slick. You say it syphons via the cap vent; does that draw down at the same time as the main tank or is it truly a reserve?

The Camel actually drains first and your main tank is then the reserve.
This should still allow your low fuel light to function as normal.
Back to top Go down
csmart

csmart

PostSubject: Re: Camel Tank auxiliary fuel tank   Camel Tank auxiliary fuel tank EmptyThu Jun 16, 2016 1:29 pm

I didnt see anything for yamaha on their website, how much for this setup.
Back to top Go down
manybikes

manybikes

PostSubject: Re: Camel Tank auxiliary fuel tank   Camel Tank auxiliary fuel tank EmptyThu Jun 16, 2016 5:00 pm

csmart wrote:
I didnt see anything for yamaha on their website, how much for this setup.

You will have to email the contact on the Camel Website. He will be announcing the pricing in short order.
I was fortunate to be part of the Beta Test group.

So far it works flawless, actually exactly what I was looking for as I did not like many of the alternatives.
Back to top Go down
ToddDubya

PostSubject: Re: Camel Tank auxiliary fuel tank   Camel Tank auxiliary fuel tank EmptyThu Jun 16, 2016 5:25 pm

manybikes wrote:
ToddDubya wrote:

Hmm, I'd rather have the camel be the reserve. Now when the light comes on you're still up a creek.
Back to top Go down
manybikes

manybikes

PostSubject: Re: Camel Tank auxiliary fuel tank   Camel Tank auxiliary fuel tank EmptyThu Jun 16, 2016 11:35 pm

ToddDubya wrote:
manybikes wrote:
ToddDubya wrote:

Hmm, I'd rather have the camel be the reserve. Now when the light comes on you're still up a creek.

Email Cory at Camel, he is the designer. He could probably design something that would work the way you want.
Back to top Go down
ToddDubya

PostSubject: Re: Camel Tank auxiliary fuel tank   Camel Tank auxiliary fuel tank EmptyThu Jun 16, 2016 11:42 pm

I'm not looking for one, just commenting on it. It's a cool design and if it does what you want, who am I to disagree.
Back to top Go down
manybikes

manybikes

PostSubject: Re: Camel Tank auxiliary fuel tank   Camel Tank auxiliary fuel tank EmptySun Jul 10, 2016 9:19 am

Just found another use for the Camel Tank, makes for a great spot to mount a chain oiler.
Camel Tank auxiliary fuel tank Sam_1422

k294 likes this post

Back to top Go down
chriswh86

chriswh86

PostSubject: Re: Camel Tank auxiliary fuel tank   Camel Tank auxiliary fuel tank EmptyWed Aug 03, 2016 3:34 am

manybikes wrote:
Just found another use for the Camel Tank, makes for a great spot to mount a chain oiler.
Camel Tank auxiliary fuel tank Sam_1422

Cant wait for the release. This tank along with an IMS 3.0 would be a pretty slick setup
Back to top Go down
manybikes

manybikes

PostSubject: Re: Camel Tank auxiliary fuel tank   Camel Tank auxiliary fuel tank EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 10:56 pm

You are right, with the IMS 3.0 you would have some serious range.
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Camel Tank auxiliary fuel tank   Camel Tank auxiliary fuel tank EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 1:48 am

manybikes wrote:
You are right, with the IMS 3.0 you would have some serious range.

And be out some serious cash.

The Camel tank alone is more expensive than the IMS 4.7 tank, and if you pair it with the IMS 3.0, the combined price is double what the IMS 4.7 costs, and still lower in fuel capacity.

What is the attraction of the Camel tank then that makes it twice as desirable as an IMS 4.7?
Back to top Go down
manybikes

manybikes

PostSubject: Re: Camel Tank auxiliary fuel tank   Camel Tank auxiliary fuel tank EmptyMon Apr 24, 2017 9:15 pm

For me it has a lot to do with appearance of the bike. I wanted to keep the look of my WR and have the advantage of additional fuel.
The IMS tank is not very attractive...at least not to me...opinions will vary.
I had the racks that were built to accommodate a rotopax (which I also already had). That gave me another option for yet more fuel capacity along with the Camel, which for my purposes and taste is an ideal combination.
Back to top Go down
manybikes

manybikes

PostSubject: Re: Camel Tank auxiliary fuel tank   Camel Tank auxiliary fuel tank EmptyWed Jun 21, 2017 10:43 pm

Hey Jotis

Just replied to your PM...not sure if you will get it before the waiting period
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Camel Tank auxiliary fuel tank   Camel Tank auxiliary fuel tank Empty

Back to top Go down

Camel Tank auxiliary fuel tank
Page 1 of 1