Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Anyone installed a Trail Tech tachometer?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MaggiesFarm

Anyone installed a Trail Tech tachometer? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone installed a Trail Tech tachometer?   Anyone installed a Trail Tech tachometer? EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 5:05 pm

I'm curious how well it works and if it's easy to install.
Back to top Go down
TwoBuells

TwoBuells

PostSubject: Re: Anyone installed a Trail Tech tachometer?   Anyone installed a Trail Tech tachometer? EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 6:11 pm

I did.
I had to call Trail Tech and get the right wire to make the tach work, it was a lot of fun installing

https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t11213-trail-tech-vapor-install-questions?highlight=trail+tech+tach

see the Tach in action here also the 12oClockLabs Gear position indicator Yamaha WR250R

Watch Full Screen and see the shift light come on with the shift into 4th

Back to top Go down
iowa_ross

iowa_ross

PostSubject: Re: Anyone installed a Trail Tech tachometer?   Anyone installed a Trail Tech tachometer? EmptyThu Oct 18, 2018 12:02 pm

TwoBuells wrote:
I did.
I had to call Trail Tech and get the right wire to make the tach work, it was a lot of fun installing

Could you be a little more specific on what the right wire is Very happy
Back to top Go down
TwoBuells

TwoBuells

PostSubject: Re: Anyone installed a Trail Tech tachometer?   Anyone installed a Trail Tech tachometer? EmptyThu Oct 18, 2018 7:04 pm

Your going to have to call Trail Tech, I think I got a wire with a resistor in it and soldered it. I have it all sealed up and really don't want to take it apart to see what I did do.
Last year I had a few of the led bars go out, I bought a new head unit but have not installed it yet.
I do remember I had to play with the settings to get it to work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone installed a Trail Tech tachometer?   Anyone installed a Trail Tech tachometer? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone installed a Trail Tech tachometer?
Page 1 of 1