Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Built a WR250X from scratch and cant get it to start!!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MadMonkey420

Built a WR250X from scratch and cant get it to start!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Built a WR250X from scratch and cant get it to start!!!!   Built a WR250X from scratch and cant get it to start!!!! EmptySun Jul 24, 2016 4:51 am

I built a 250X from the ground up with out having any knowledge of the bike. I have been gathering all the parts for the past 5 years and started putting it together 2 month ago. I thought I was dun and ready to run but the bike just wont start for me. Its pretty much a brand new bike. The motor has 1200 miles on it I changed the oil and filter new coolant and put a new spark plug in it. If I want to check for spark do I just pull the plug out and hook it back up to the coil ground the plug to the bike and then turn the engine over? Oh Here are all the mods I have dun. I did the AIS got rid of the kick stand switch and the lean angle sensor I opened up the top of the air box I gutted the stock tail pipe and put it back on. The bike is not throwing any codes when I try to start it the fuel pump comes on then I try to turn it over but it just cranks and cranks with out starting. I know to check for air gas and spark but this is my 1st fuel injected bike so I'm not totally sure on how to check all those things on this bike. Also would opening up the air box and the exhaust be enough to not make it start at all with out remapping a proper air to fuel percentage? Well I tried to be as detailed as I could and thanks if any can help!Built a WR250X from scratch and cant get it to start!!!! 20160711
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Built a WR250X from scratch and cant get it to start!!!!   Built a WR250X from scratch and cant get it to start!!!! EmptySun Jul 24, 2016 8:47 am

I bet the injector is pretty dirty after sitting for 5 years.

Check for gas and spark, you can stick a plug in the end of the coil and rest it on the motor then crank it to see if it has spark.
Back to top Go down
MadMonkey420

PostSubject: Re: Built a WR250X from scratch and cant get it to start!!!!   Built a WR250X from scratch and cant get it to start!!!! EmptySun Jul 24, 2016 1:46 pm

Thanks I was thinking it could be that but was not looking forward to doing it. Ill pull the throttle body and give it a cleaning.
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: Built a WR250X from scratch and cant get it to start!!!!   Built a WR250X from scratch and cant get it to start!!!! EmptySun Jul 24, 2016 2:35 pm

Im pretty sure the bike will still turn over with the lean angle sensor activated. Make sure you did it poroperly when you removed it.
Back to top Go down
MadMonkey420

PostSubject: Re: Built a WR250X from scratch and cant get it to start!!!!   Built a WR250X from scratch and cant get it to start!!!! EmptySun Jul 24, 2016 5:12 pm

IT F-Ing runs thanks guys the injector was really dirty. Now is finally time to test ride it!!!!
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Built a WR250X from scratch and cant get it to start!!!!   Built a WR250X from scratch and cant get it to start!!!! EmptySun Jul 24, 2016 6:04 pm

Jens Eskildsen wrote:
Im pretty sure the bike will still turn over with the lean angle sensor activated. Make sure you did it poroperly when you removed it.

It will crank over with the switch tripped/unplugged but the fuel pump wont run, his pumps working so he must have done it right. thumb

PS good to hear it was a kinda easy fix. thumb
Back to top Go down
MadMonkey420

PostSubject: Re: Built a WR250X from scratch and cant get it to start!!!!   Built a WR250X from scratch and cant get it to start!!!! EmptyTue Jul 26, 2016 6:09 pm

Okay after a 47 mile test ride everything seems to be working great but the neutral light stays on no mater what gear im in. Does any one know a fix for this?
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: Built a WR250X from scratch and cant get it to start!!!!   Built a WR250X from scratch and cant get it to start!!!! EmptyWed Jul 27, 2016 5:08 pm

Its probably shorted to ground, or the relay is bad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Built a WR250X from scratch and cant get it to start!!!!   Built a WR250X from scratch and cant get it to start!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Built a WR250X from scratch and cant get it to start!!!!
Page 1 of 1