Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

"UPDATE" Built from scratch Custom Drab and Carbon WR250X!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MadMonkey420

"UPDATE" Built from scratch Custom Drab and Carbon WR250X!!! Empty
PostSubject: "UPDATE" Built from scratch Custom Drab and Carbon WR250X!!!   "UPDATE" Built from scratch Custom Drab and Carbon WR250X!!! EmptyWed Jul 27, 2016 2:27 am

Here is one good pic of her. Lets see who can point out some of the mods. I will take a few more pics tomorrow when the sun is out it was getting to dark when I took this one but it is still an okay pic. Thanks for taken a look!"UPDATE" Built from scratch Custom Drab and Carbon WR250X!!! 20160713

Last edited by MadMonkey420 on Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CRFan1

PostSubject: Re: "UPDATE" Built from scratch Custom Drab and Carbon WR250X!!!   "UPDATE" Built from scratch Custom Drab and Carbon WR250X!!! EmptyWed Jul 27, 2016 8:20 am

Looks to me like it has KTM Frame, swingarm, front forks and subframe for starters....:)
Back to top Go down
MadMonkey420

PostSubject: Re: "UPDATE" Built from scratch Custom Drab and Carbon WR250X!!!   "UPDATE" Built from scratch Custom Drab and Carbon WR250X!!! EmptyWed Jul 27, 2016 1:26 pm

Nailed it on the 1st reply! lol!
Back to top Go down
CRFan1

PostSubject: Re: "UPDATE" Built from scratch Custom Drab and Carbon WR250X!!!   "UPDATE" Built from scratch Custom Drab and Carbon WR250X!!! EmptyWed Jul 27, 2016 1:41 pm

MadMonkey420 wrote:
Nailed it on the 1st reply! lol!

Wooohooo! You can mail my prize, lolol
Back to top Go down
MadMonkey420

PostSubject: Re: "UPDATE" Built from scratch Custom Drab and Carbon WR250X!!!   "UPDATE" Built from scratch Custom Drab and Carbon WR250X!!! EmptySun Aug 14, 2016 3:33 am

More pics!!!!"UPDATE" Built from scratch Custom Drab and Carbon WR250X!!! 20160819
"UPDATE" Built from scratch Custom Drab and Carbon WR250X!!! 20160818
"UPDATE" Built from scratch Custom Drab and Carbon WR250X!!! 20160820
"UPDATE" Built from scratch Custom Drab and Carbon WR250X!!! 20160824
"UPDATE" Built from scratch Custom Drab and Carbon WR250X!!! 20160821
"UPDATE" Built from scratch Custom Drab and Carbon WR250X!!! 20160822
"UPDATE" Built from scratch Custom Drab and Carbon WR250X!!! 20160823
Back to top Go down
TKO

TKO

PostSubject: Re: "UPDATE" Built from scratch Custom Drab and Carbon WR250X!!!   "UPDATE" Built from scratch Custom Drab and Carbon WR250X!!! EmptyMon Aug 15, 2016 8:54 am

Build cost breakdown?
Back to top Go down
MadMonkey420

PostSubject: The story of Gertrude a five year build.   "UPDATE" Built from scratch Custom Drab and Carbon WR250X!!! EmptySun Sep 25, 2016 12:52 am

Okay I finally have some time to type this out. I have about $4500-$5000 in her so far. I am going to tare the bike down again this winter and redo a lot of things and do some new stuff. So The start of this whole project came about when I thought I wanted to build a custom Sachs MadAss with a big upright 250cc engine. I have one already that I built up to 200cc but I wanted more LOL wink . So I found an add on Craig's list for a 250cc shifter kart project for $1500. When I saw the add I emailed the guy right away and with in two hours I was driving down south of me to Missouri to pick it up about seven hours later I was back home with the kart and motor and a few other parts and started mocking everything up for the MADASS build I even put a front end from a 08 GSXR on it But the more I read about the motor I have and figured out what It was out of the more I fell in love with the WR250X so the MADASS got side lined for a bit or a long bit I have had three kids scene starting this so that makes five in total so its been a lil slow going. Okay fast forward five years I have finally got all the parts rounded up to build the WRX. I get her all put together and did a lot of mods to it before I even did the 1st test start. I have dun just about every mod that you can to the WRX like the speedo healer, power commander 5, AIS removed, gutted the stock exhaust and welded back together opened up the top of the airbox lean angle sensor override um I cut some metal pieces off because I like it like that I just think it looks cleaner and better you can see it on the video I put up on the youtubes. Okay now I get the bike started around the 1st of August. Now here is where the story goes south for a bit dddog .I set up an appointment on August 4th to get the bike inspected, by the state, so I could get plates and ride on the road legally. I went to the D.O.T that morning, and started the inspection. The frame came back fine, but he said that the motor was showing up from a stolen bike. He was going to have to impound the bike right then and there puke . I asked him " ok where do we go from here, how does this process work?" He informed me that he would need to get a hold of the insurance company, since they did the pay out on the insurance claim. He told me he did not suspect me of any wrong doing because I had receipts for everything and well I am not a goddamn criminal. He told me the insurance company told him it would take 5-7 business days to get it worked out. So I am like ok I can go that long without her. Nine days go by and no word so I start emailing and calling and for the next 30 days I had to email and call this insurance company because nothing was getting dun what the shit does a billion dollar company car about this its not a priority to them. I get that but shit I just wanted to ride Ole, Gertrude lol so after a month it took them 5 mins to tell me just give us $400 and were all good. I paid them the money and went and picked up my bike after not having her for a month wings . If you ever buy anything like this check the DAMN MOTOR NUMBERS I would not have had these problems if I would have known to do that. Well if there is anything else you want to know or see just let me know I am going to be doing a teardown and build video this winter when I cant ride her anymore. Thanks for checking her out and here is a link to the youtube video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZyQ7EY9rHY

"UPDATE" Built from scratch Custom Drab and Carbon WR250X!!! 20160910
"UPDATE" Built from scratch Custom Drab and Carbon WR250X!!! 20160910
"UPDATE" Built from scratch Custom Drab and Carbon WR250X!!! 20160911
"UPDATE" Built from scratch Custom Drab and Carbon WR250X!!! 20160912
"UPDATE" Built from scratch Custom Drab and Carbon WR250X!!! 20160913
"UPDATE" Built from scratch Custom Drab and Carbon WR250X!!! 20160914
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "UPDATE" Built from scratch Custom Drab and Carbon WR250X!!!   "UPDATE" Built from scratch Custom Drab and Carbon WR250X!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

"UPDATE" Built from scratch Custom Drab and Carbon WR250X!!!
Page 1 of 1