Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Longer shift lever for Herman Munster

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
cbennett5199

Longer shift lever for Herman Munster Empty
PostSubject: Longer shift lever for Herman Munster   Longer shift lever for Herman Munster EmptyMon Aug 01, 2016 3:40 pm

The shift lever on my wr250r is fine when I wear my Gaerne balanced oils, but when I put on my size 15, thicker, stiffer motocross boots, the lever is too darn short. I have to fiddle with the lever from the side, trying to bend my toe down in weird ways. Damn feet are too big. I've searched this site and others for ideas and haven't found any.

Anybody have a recommendation for an aftermarket shifter (whether initially made for wr250r or not) or project mod that would help?

Thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
tomasn

PostSubject: Re: Longer shift lever for Herman Munster   Longer shift lever for Herman Munster EmptyThu Oct 06, 2016 1:31 pm

Same problem
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Longer shift lever for Herman Munster   Longer shift lever for Herman Munster EmptyThu Oct 06, 2016 2:04 pm

If you have a long inseam, lower, further back foot pegs will help.
Back to top Go down
tomasn

PostSubject: Re: Longer shift lever for Herman Munster   Longer shift lever for Herman Munster EmptyThu Oct 06, 2016 2:10 pm

Just found topic about pegz from Czech Republic
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Longer shift lever for Herman Munster   Longer shift lever for Herman Munster EmptyThu Oct 06, 2016 7:23 pm

Since the shifter lines up with a groove in the side cover on the motor a longer shifter isn't a good idea.
Get foot pegs that are further back and move the shifter up one notch.

I have this setup on mine, fastway pegs in the rearward position with a raised shifter, I wear size 12 mx boots, shifting's a non issue now but it was awkward with the stock setup.
Back to top Go down
wwguy

wwguy

PostSubject: Re: Longer shift lever for Herman Munster   Longer shift lever for Herman Munster EmptyFri Oct 07, 2016 12:20 pm

+1 for Fastway pegs mounted in the "lowboy" position combined with moving the shifter up a notch.

Just to clarify BigLake's post, Fastway pegs don't really have a rearward or forward position, but rather an upper or lower position.  It's the angle of the peg brackets on the frame that move the upper position forward and the lower position rearward.

Longer shift lever for Herman Munster Pegs_a11
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Longer shift lever for Herman Munster   Longer shift lever for Herman Munster Empty

Back to top Go down

Longer shift lever for Herman Munster
Page 1 of 1