Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Lowering w/Smaller Rims

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dualstroke

Lowering w/Smaller Rims Empty
PostSubject: Lowering w/Smaller Rims   Lowering w/Smaller Rims EmptyThu Aug 04, 2016 2:01 pm

Has anyone used smaller diameter rims/wheels front & rear to lower seat height? I'm not interested in supermoto riding just lowering seat height. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Von551

PostSubject: Re: Lowering w/Smaller Rims   Lowering w/Smaller Rims EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 12:15 am

Do the stock lowering mod in the shock, that'll get you an inch, then lower the forks about 3/4". Get a Seat Concepts low "comfort" seat that'll lower your bike another 3/4". I did all that and bike is great now! I'm only 5'6" and can almost tippy toe both feet.
Back to top Go down
morgan9283

PostSubject: Re: Lowering w/Smaller Rims   Lowering w/Smaller Rims EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 11:57 am

I'm with von551 on this one.  There are lots of inexpensive options for lowering the WRR that don't change the wheel sizes.  Changing the wheels is pricey but also limits your options for tires.  The WRR has very common wheel sizes which is good for tire choice.
Back to top Go down
Dualstroke

PostSubject: Re: Lowering w/Smaller Rims   Lowering w/Smaller Rims EmptySat Aug 13, 2016 11:18 am

I didn't realize the tire option advantage of keeping stock rims or have any idea of cost. Thanks you guys for the advice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lowering w/Smaller Rims   Lowering w/Smaller Rims Empty

Back to top Go down

Lowering w/Smaller Rims
Page 1 of 1