Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Maintenance chart

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
shamen

Maintenance chart  Empty
PostSubject: Maintenance chart    Maintenance chart  EmptySat Aug 06, 2016 9:17 am

Hey,
Can some one give me maintenance chart for WR250R 2014.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
wwguy

wwguy

Maintenance chart  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maintenance chart    Maintenance chart  EmptySat Aug 06, 2016 11:47 am

Hey,
That info is in the owner's manual, which is a free download from Yamaha if you didn't get one with your bike.

Here's the link:
https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/motorsports/owners-manuals
Back to top Go down
shamen

Maintenance chart  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maintenance chart    Maintenance chart  EmptySun Aug 07, 2016 3:04 am

Hey,
There is no manual for 2010 on that web site dunno .
Back to top Go down
wwguy

wwguy

Maintenance chart  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maintenance chart    Maintenance chart  EmptySun Aug 07, 2016 11:18 am

Not sure what to tell you. Just now I found it on that linked page without any problems.

Any other model year will be the same maintenance chart. These bikes are basically unchanged from 2008 to current.
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

Maintenance chart  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maintenance chart    Maintenance chart  EmptySun Aug 07, 2016 11:25 am

Can't get much easier than that link... select Motorcycle then year then model.

Gives you this then:

https://dd5394a0b8ca8e97ba29-abf76f3d91a2125517d6c7c409f095c7.ssl.cf1.rackcdn.com/content/common/manuals/2010/LIT-11626-23-56_wr250R_2010_1681.pdf
Back to top Go down
shamen

Maintenance chart  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maintenance chart    Maintenance chart  EmptyMon Aug 08, 2016 3:20 am

Hey,
I am not sure why I wrote 2010, I should wrote: "I cant find there owners manual for 2014, is it the same for 2010,2009...?"
poser2
Thanks
Back to top Go down
dicklane625

dicklane625

Maintenance chart  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maintenance chart    Maintenance chart  EmptyFri Dec 02, 2016 10:04 pm

Free shop manuals are available online, too. I don't know how legal they are, but it only took me a little searching to find a pdf downloadable version....
Back to top Go down
wwguy

wwguy

Maintenance chart  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maintenance chart    Maintenance chart  EmptyFri Dec 02, 2016 10:49 pm

dicklane625 wrote:
Free shop manuals are available online, too. I don't know how legal they are, but it only took me a little searching to find a pdf downloadable version....

As far as I've been able to tell there's really only one electronic service manual making the rounds, and it's an early 2008 edition. I've got it and a printed manual last updated in 2015. I've found several discrepancies between the two, including several errors in the PDF version wiring diagrams.
Back to top Go down
dicklane625

dicklane625

Maintenance chart  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maintenance chart    Maintenance chart  EmptySat Dec 03, 2016 1:37 pm

The updated versions you have you got for free? I personally have no complaints... If you have questions ask a good dealer. Like the 08 shop manual says to use 20w40... Yamalube discontinued that weight, I asked the dealer for clarification n he said to run 10w40... I already was but it's just one of those things where you get what you pay for... My warranty is up now so I'm phasing out the yamalube.... They just throw their name on someone else's earlll... Whoever gives them the cheapest bid....
Back to top Go down
wwguy

wwguy

Maintenance chart  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maintenance chart    Maintenance chart  EmptySat Dec 03, 2016 2:32 pm

dicklane625 wrote:
The updated versions you have you got for free? I personally have no complaints... If you have questions ask a good dealer. Like the 08 shop manual says to use 20w40... Yamalube discontinued that weight, I asked the dealer for clarification n he said to run 10w40... I already was but it's just one of those things where you get what you pay for... My warranty is up now so I'm phasing out the yamalube.... They just throw their name on someone else's earlll... Whoever gives them the cheapest bid....

I paid for my printed service manual.  Like you said, "it's just one of those things where you get what you pay for..."  In my case it's accuracy and ability to read and make notes in the manual out in my shop when I'm working on the bike.

If interested, updated oil recommendations are in the Owner's Manual that came with the bike and is also available in free PDF from from Yamaha.  (See image below.)

Maintenance chart  Captur10

My previous experiences with my local dealer taught me to avoid them if at all possible.  After I bought my bike used I went to them for some advice on TPS and suspension improvement options.  It quickly became apparent that they knew less about the WR250R than I did... and I didn't know much about it back then.  I had a similar ho-hum experience when I took it in for the stator recall last year.
Back to top Go down
dicklane625

dicklane625

Maintenance chart  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maintenance chart    Maintenance chart  EmptySat Dec 03, 2016 3:35 pm

This can be very true... My local one doesn't work on wrr's much... When I asked about tps and co adjustments I got a look like I had seven heads... After I explained he said not to trust the internet... He doesn't believe anything on the internet... I laughed in his face on that one. This can be true, but not being able to tell the difference or doin research before doing something is crazy... These are easily reversible too. If it's not better change it back... Tps and co adjustment changed my whole riding experience... I can't wait to do an exhaust and mod the intake... Get rid of all the crap that still messes with consistency... If it makes as noticeable of a difference just in consistency it wouldn't matter if I feel any performance increase...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Maintenance chart  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maintenance chart    Maintenance chart  Empty

Back to top Go down

Maintenance chart
Page 1 of 1