Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Help Installing Powerbomb header

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
CanadianWR250

CanadianWR250

Help Installing Powerbomb header Empty
PostSubject: Help Installing Powerbomb header   Help Installing Powerbomb header EmptySat Aug 06, 2016 10:37 pm

I just picked up a used Powerbomb header and I am not sure If I installed it right.
The stock header had a part that didn't fit with the powerbomb so I took it out, you can see it placed near the powerbomb header. Is this supposed to be installed with the powerbomb header? [image1]
Also, there is some spacing on the other end of the header once I've tightened it, is this normal? [image 2&3]
I just don't feel right with the installation.
Couldn't find a proper installation video.
Help Installing Powerbomb header Img_2411
Help Installing Powerbomb header Img_2410
Help Installing Powerbomb header Img_2412
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Help Installing Powerbomb header   Help Installing Powerbomb header EmptySun Aug 07, 2016 12:05 pm

You got it on there right. thumb

The fmf head pipes are made to connect to the larger diameter pipe on the fmf muffler, when you use the stock muffler you have to leave the gasket out, its the only way to make it fit with the stock muffler.

The gap in pics 2 and 3 is normal, the stock pipe would've looked the same too.
Back to top Go down
CanadianWR250

CanadianWR250

PostSubject: Re: Help Installing Powerbomb header   Help Installing Powerbomb header EmptySun Aug 07, 2016 2:49 pm

Biglake wrote:
You got it on there right. thumb

The fmf head pipes are made to connect to the larger diameter pipe on the fmf muffler, when you use the stock muffler you have to leave the gasket out, its the only way to make it fit with the stock muffler.

The gap in pics 2 and 3 is normal, the stock pipe would've looked the same too.  

Thank you for clarifying that.
Was a bit worried.

The installation guide on FMF site suggested I use "contact cleaner" & "high temp silicone", I didn't do either.
Should I take it out and do that? or is that not a big deal?

Also, I wasn't able to push the header in as much, probably because of the design/size of pipe/location.
I pushed it in as much as I can and tightened it.
what's the best way to check for leaks?
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Help Installing Powerbomb header   Help Installing Powerbomb header EmptySun Aug 07, 2016 7:19 pm

If its leaking any where you will get popping or backing firing when you let off the gas, if its not doing that don't mess with it and ride it. thumb
Back to top Go down
TKO

TKO

PostSubject: Re: Help Installing Powerbomb header   Help Installing Powerbomb header EmptyMon Aug 08, 2016 6:55 pm

Biglake wrote:
If its leaking any where you will get popping or backing firing when you let off the gas, if its not doing that don't mess with it and ride it. thumb

If there is popping or backfiring on deceleration does it actually hurt performance?
Back to top Go down
jkroes

jkroes

PostSubject: Re: Help Installing Powerbomb header   Help Installing Powerbomb header EmptyMon Aug 08, 2016 9:46 pm

TKO wrote:
Biglake wrote:

If there is popping or backfiring on deceleration does it actually hurt performance?

Yes and no,

Decel popping doesn't directly harm anything. Most single cylinder, four stroke MX bikes have occasional decel popping that is completely normal.

However, the cause of the decal popping could. If it is a leak somewhere along the header/exhaust it is less of a concern compared to if it is because you are running a lean mixture...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help Installing Powerbomb header   Help Installing Powerbomb header Empty

Back to top Go down

Help Installing Powerbomb header
Page 1 of 1