Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Share | 

Radiator Guards Unabiker

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kellow

PostSubject: Radiator Guards Unabiker   Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:31 am

Hello fellow WRRers, I've read a bunch of old posts regarding flatland and force rad guards. people seemed to be waiting for unabiker to make one for wrr; well, they did. but I can't seem to find any reviews on it specifically to wrr. has anybody tried them out? thoughts? good fit? good protection? easy install? the price is great and the engineering seems to be efficient. feedback please! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
kellow

PostSubject: Update   Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:50 am

So I found great reviews on unabiker's products but none for their rad guard for the WRR. I decide to try it anyway; great pricing and reputation, seemed to be good reasons to do so.
It was fairly straight forward install with no surprises (I am a true beginner when it comes to mechanics). I like the quality of the piece and the design with cross bars protections that other companies offer at much higher price range... Very happy other rad guards in the same price range do not feature these cross bars.
I haven't crashed to test its functionality but I am overall very happy with my purchase.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Radiator Guards Unabiker   Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:33 am

Could you post up a picture so others can see what the unabiker guard looks like. thumb
Back to top Go down
Hayduke.wrr15

PostSubject: Re: Radiator Guards Unabiker   Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:10 am

Along those lines....will the rad guards work with a 3.1gallon IMS?
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Radiator Guards Unabiker   Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:01 pm

I can answer that one... the 3.1 gal ims tank has no effect on rad guards at all, so yes it will fit.
Back to top Go down
cgarai

PostSubject: Re: Radiator Guards Unabiker   Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:36 pm

Will that radiator guard work with the IMS 4.7 Adventure tank?

I just bought a 2014 WR250R with the IMS 4.7g tank. The bike came with no guards on either side. Looks like there should be some sort of guard on the left side as well. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Chris
Back to top Go down
Hayduke.wrr15

PostSubject: Re: Radiator Guards Unabiker   Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:20 am

Saw on another thread.(facebook-wrr/x group)....that the rad guard does not nor is it needed. The left side should have a black plastic shroud covering the electronics and such in there.
Back to top Go down
dicklane625

PostSubject: Re: Radiator Guards Unabiker   Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:09 pm

Besides for price and possible fitment issues with a bigger tank? The force looks like the best option to me... The unabike doesn't appear to protect the radiator tanks, like the flatland... I already have added to my flatland... Did that before I even used it but if I keep it it'll get some gussets and maybe a tube here or there...
Back to top Go down
dicklane625

PostSubject: Re: Radiator Guards Unabiker   Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:10 pm

Back to top Go down
Two times

PostSubject: Re: Radiator Guards Unabiker   Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:54 am

A friend of mine has Unabiker radiators guards on his DRZ. he gave me a good recommendation on Unabiker.
so a few months ago I have decided to buy one... purchased it in blue color, via e-bay, for 53 USD.

Overall, it looks like a good radiator guard.
blue color is very nice. good fitment (I have the stock fuel tank). it comes from a well known brand. the guard itself looks rigid & tough.
in addition, price is relatively low.

Installation naturally require working in tight & quite unaccessible areas - so it is not easy, but it was not difficult either... it will just takes you some time.
for 53$ I absolutely think this is a good deal. I would recommend this product.

Last edited by Two times on Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:24 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
wwguy

PostSubject: Re: Radiator Guards Unabiker   Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:59 pm

Those look great, thanks for sharing.  $53 is an awesome price and the $60 price on Unibiker's web page isn't bad either.

I originally went with Force guards on my WRR but bought Unibiker rad guards for my Beta 2-stroke earlier this year.  I really like how the cross tubes in front and back of the radiator protect from side impact.  I've got no complaints about my Force radiator guard but if I had to buy radiator guards again for my WRR I'd probably look at Unibiker first.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiator Guards Unabiker   

Back to top Go down

Radiator Guards Unabiker
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1