Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Tools

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kellow

Tools Empty
PostSubject: Tools   Tools EmptyThu Aug 18, 2016 4:11 am

Hi! new member (and rider) here,
for you seasoned riders and mechanics, what are the most used tools on the WRR? what should a wrr owner have in the garage?
what kind of maintenance should owners be doing periodically on this bike?
any tips will be much appreciated!
ps- does anyone hit mx tracks with the Wrr? comments on that?
Back to top Go down
bigg

bigg

Tools Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tools   Tools EmptyThu Aug 18, 2016 6:42 am

I just use a standard tool box in combination with the toolkit that comes with the bike plus a few accesories like a torque wrench. That's all you need to do basic maintenance (oil & filter change, spark plug, air filter, changing sprockets, bleeding brakes etc). The maintenance chart in the user manual covers all the basics and recommended intervals. Depending on your riding you might want to cut some of those intervals down a bit...

regarding mx riding: no experience with that personally, but Mototrippin has taken the wr to the track a couple times I think. This is one video but I think there are a few others where he talks about it. You will find it is not the ideal bike, but certainly "doable" for the occasional ride with some mods.

Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

Tools Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tools   Tools EmptyTue Aug 23, 2016 10:49 pm

Forget that video. Bring the R2 to the track once or twice just for shits and giggles. But if you think it will make a decent MX bike ... don't be insane.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tools Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tools   Tools Empty

Back to top Go down

Tools
Page 1 of 1