Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Is my IMS tank vacuum supposed to compress?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
nwlinux

Is my IMS tank vacuum supposed to compress? Empty
PostSubject: Is my IMS tank vacuum supposed to compress?   Is my IMS tank vacuum supposed to compress? EmptySun Sep 18, 2016 8:00 pm

Is this vacuum and distortion normal?

I just installed the 4.7 gallon IMS tank. After riding for an hour or so, the tank distorts. The video below was taken at the gas station, while opening the gas cap. You can visibly see the tank expand once the pressure is released.

Back to top Go down
Elm

PostSubject: Re: Is my IMS tank vacuum supposed to compress?   Is my IMS tank vacuum supposed to compress? EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 4:25 am

Can't really see on the video but I would check that the vent tube is clear. Should be able to blow into the tube you have in the steering stem when the cap is removed. If it was a carby model, you would have stopped long ago.
Back to top Go down
drbike

PostSubject: Re: Is my IMS tank vacuum supposed to compress?   Is my IMS tank vacuum supposed to compress? EmptyTue Oct 04, 2016 11:42 am

I have the same tank and have had no such issues.

It seems obvious that something is not venting as it should.

I wonder if the vent cap or the tube is plugged. Do a test! If it got a gush of air when you removed the cap at least you know where the issue is.

Great range with that tank by the way.

Back to top Go down
nwlinux

PostSubject: Re: Is my IMS tank vacuum supposed to compress?   Is my IMS tank vacuum supposed to compress? EmptyWed Oct 05, 2016 9:16 am

Thanks for the reply @drbike. I had the vent tubing incorrectly configured. I reconfigured so the gas cap vent line distributes to the outside air and the lower tank line is attached to the IMS supplied "T" on the throttle body line. All is well now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is my IMS tank vacuum supposed to compress?   Is my IMS tank vacuum supposed to compress? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is my IMS tank vacuum supposed to compress?
Page 1 of 1