Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Share | 

Frame not perfectly round?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
njwr250r

PostSubject: Frame not perfectly round?   Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:04 pm

Forgive me if I sound like a complete moron... I can't help it.

So, I read that it is a good idea to get a bash plate for the WR250R. So, I ordered one form Zeta.

Well I try to install it, and I see the spacers are only about half as wide as I'd think they should be. Please see the photo

imgur.com/a/9am5Z

So I email them and tell them that. They said, "No it is fine, it will fit. Just tighten it down a little at time."

So, I did that. But, I really had to tighten it down in order to get it to take up the space. After sitting there for a while, I didn't like that idea so I took it off.

Now, I didn't check the frame before. There is not a visible sign of it other than a little scratched paint, but the frame around where the bash plate made contact with the frame does not seem perfectly round.
It seems like it has almost like a very slight triangular shape, this is right above where the downtube starts bending to go underneath  the bike. As I  said you cannot see it really, but I can feel it with my finger.
Please see photos:
imgur.com/a/QzYZ6

So right where the paint is missing I don't really feel a dent. But the area above, on, below, if I feel it just doesn't feel perfectly round. Furthermore, it's like the point of the triangle (the high point, opposite of a dent) goes right through the middle of where the paint is missing and goes up a few inches, and below a few inches. Do you think I dented my frame, or is the WR250R frame just not perfectly round there? You can see in the photos that it doesn't look dented or damged. So, I'm really hoping that is just the shape of the frame. Thanks
Back to top Go down
dmmcd

PostSubject: Re: Frame not perfectly round?   Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:17 am

When they bend tube to fabricate the frame, they start with straight tube and use a mandrel or die to create the bend in it. During the process of bending, the tube gets a little out-of-round. It has to.

No worries.

Back to top Go down
njwr250r

PostSubject: Re: Frame not perfectly round?   Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:20 am

Ah, thank you so much!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frame not perfectly round?   

Back to top Go down

Frame not perfectly round?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1