Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

hoshimura terminal

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
nicdaddy

hoshimura terminal Empty
PostSubject: hoshimura terminal   hoshimura terminal EmptySun Oct 02, 2016 11:30 am

hello to all I bought a WR250R 2008 I left the original bike I just mounted a hoshimura terminal.
I wondered if after mounting the terminal I have to modify the parameters on the control unit ..and if you tell me what to do ... thank you very much to all
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

hoshimura terminal Empty
PostSubject: Re: hoshimura terminal   hoshimura terminal EmptySun Oct 02, 2016 6:38 pm

Howdy.

Do you mean a Yoshimura muffler?
Back to top Go down
nicdaddy

hoshimura terminal Empty
PostSubject: Re: hoshimura terminal   hoshimura terminal EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 2:03 pm

YZEtc wrote:
Howdy.

Do you mean a Yoshimura muffler?

the model and 'this
Yoshimura RS-2 Slip-On Muffler
Back to top Go down
nicdaddy

hoshimura terminal Empty
PostSubject: no info ?   hoshimura terminal EmptyWed Oct 05, 2016 3:51 pm

no advice
Back to top Go down

hoshimura terminal Empty
PostSubject: Re: hoshimura terminal   hoshimura terminal EmptyThu Oct 06, 2016 2:20 pm

The main effect of a slip on is increased noise.  Noise cannot be increased further by modifying the control unit.

The slip on alone will not damage the motor. If the air filter box is modified, then an aftermarket fuel programmer is required.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

hoshimura terminal Empty
PostSubject: Re: hoshimura terminal   hoshimura terminal EmptyThu Oct 06, 2016 8:15 pm

I'm guessing he already has a fuel programmer ("control unit").

I don't think English is his first language, and he's looking for suggestions for settings of his fuel programmer.

So, what brand name fuel controller do you have, nicedaddy?
Back to top Go down
nicdaddy

hoshimura terminal Empty
PostSubject: hoshimura terminal   hoshimura terminal EmptyFri Oct 07, 2016 1:57 pm

Hello thanks for the reply I write from Italy excuse my english (google).
I have no programmer but I know that the odometer of my yamaha you can vary the parameters ...
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

hoshimura terminal Empty
PostSubject: Re: hoshimura terminal   hoshimura terminal EmptyFri Oct 07, 2016 5:19 pm

OK.
You're meaning the CO adjustment.
It's the fuel injection equivalent of adjusting the fuel screw on a carburetor, effecting idle and very small throttle openings.

Do a search of this forum for "CO settings diag mode" and do some reading.
Back to top Go down
nicdaddy

hoshimura terminal Empty
PostSubject: hoshimura terminal   hoshimura terminal EmptySat Oct 08, 2016 8:08 am

if you know already 'you know me indicate how?
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

hoshimura terminal Empty
PostSubject: Re: hoshimura terminal   hoshimura terminal EmptySat Oct 08, 2016 12:13 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q98ARDWEnUY
Back to top Go down
nicdaddy

hoshimura terminal Empty
PostSubject: hoshimura terminal   hoshimura terminal EmptySat Oct 08, 2016 1:00 pm

thanks for the reply
But you know what to set? spike in the video how to change but does not say the value to be set.
Dide that the original value is 14
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

hoshimura terminal Empty
PostSubject: Re: hoshimura terminal   hoshimura terminal EmptySun Oct 09, 2016 1:10 am

Values is different from bike to bike, you need to play with the numbers and see what works from you.

Im around +6
Back to top Go down
nicdaddy

hoshimura terminal Empty
PostSubject: hoshimura terminal   hoshimura terminal EmptySun Oct 09, 2016 2:26 am

But how do I find the right value? I decrease or increase and by how much?
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

hoshimura terminal Empty
PostSubject: Re: hoshimura terminal   hoshimura terminal EmptySun Oct 09, 2016 2:46 pm

Set the value to where the idle is strongest and you get best gasresponce.
Just like on a carburetted bike.
Back to top Go down
nicdaddy

hoshimura terminal Empty
PostSubject: hoshimura terminal   hoshimura terminal EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 1:44 pm

excuse my ignorance but I do not understand what you mean ..
Back to top Go down
blusmoke

hoshimura terminal Empty
PostSubject: Re: hoshimura terminal   hoshimura terminal EmptyWed Oct 12, 2016 8:23 pm

you will have to try each number out and see how it feels. every one will prefer a different setting, mine was originally (-6). I thoroughly tested how those numbers effect responsiveness after (+5) the bike becomes sluggish ultimately I found (0) to be the best for me
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

hoshimura terminal Empty
PostSubject: Re: hoshimura terminal   hoshimura terminal EmptyThu Oct 13, 2016 8:37 am

Its not easy with the language barrier. Trial and error. Its different from bike to bike.

Do you have an english speaking friend who can translate?
Back to top Go down
nicdaddy

hoshimura terminal Empty
PostSubject: Re: hoshimura terminal   hoshimura terminal EmptyThu Oct 13, 2016 1:46 pm

Jens Eskildsen wrote:
Its not easy with the language barrier. Trial and error. Its different from bike to bike.

Do you have an english speaking friend who can translate?

I only speak Italian .. I use google translator
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

hoshimura terminal Empty
PostSubject: Re: hoshimura terminal   hoshimura terminal EmptyThu Oct 13, 2016 2:31 pm

Perhaps one of your friends speaks english and can translate?
Back to top Go down
nicdaddy

hoshimura terminal Empty
PostSubject: Re: hoshimura terminal   hoshimura terminal EmptyFri Oct 14, 2016 1:35 pm

Jens Eskildsen wrote:
Perhaps one of your friends speaks english and can translate?
I can only use the translator .. but I do not see the problem
Back to top Go down
dicklane625

dicklane625

hoshimura terminal Empty
PostSubject: Re: hoshimura terminal   hoshimura terminal EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 1:30 pm

My perfect co number varies by ambient air temperature... Just something to keep in mind while playing... 30-65 fahrenheit is different than 65-100... I could probably get more into when I change it but I have a winter/spring/fall number and a summertime number I change depending on the temps.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

hoshimura terminal Empty
PostSubject: Re: hoshimura terminal   hoshimura terminal Empty

Back to top Go down

hoshimura terminal
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: Technical :: General Maintenance Discussion-
Jump to: