Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Hate the gold forks. Possible to swap?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Nubetoob87

Hate the gold forks. Possible to swap? Empty
PostSubject: Hate the gold forks. Possible to swap?   Hate the gold forks. Possible to swap? EmptyFri Oct 14, 2016 5:02 pm

I found a 2010 wrr on Craigslist a month ago, couldn't pass it up. 1800 miles, talked him down to $3250. So i was happy with my purchase but after staring at those gold forks for a while, I stated to really hate them. I dont know what Yamaha was thinking. Anyway...
I'm going to be mostly riding on the road. And I'm buying a set of street tired and rims. But I'm at a standstill because I need to decide what's possible to change as far as my forks go. I love the look of the wrx, and yeah, maybe I shoula thought about that before I bought the wrr, but here I am.
I want black forks.
I also would love to powder coat the frame, but I hear that the cost in labor for disassembly/reassembly is a lot.
Anyone know anything about swapping forks? Can I get a pair of wrx forks and slap em on? Anyone have any knowledge About disassembling the bike to powder coat the frame?
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Hate the gold forks. Possible to swap?   Hate the gold forks. Possible to swap? EmptySat Oct 15, 2016 8:39 am

You can wrap the stock forks to make them look different, heres the first wrap I found on ebay, I'm sure theres more, I've seen a fake carbon fiber one too.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kungfu-Graphics-Dirt-Bike-Upper-Middle-Fork-Tube-Guards-Decal-Sticker-Wraps-Set-/151965568661?hash=item2361da8e95:g:rooAAOSwYaFWg6JT&vxp=mtr
Back to top Go down
Nubetoob87

PostSubject: Re: Hate the gold forks. Possible to swap?   Hate the gold forks. Possible to swap? EmptySat Oct 15, 2016 4:14 pm

Thanks a lot for the info. Just ordered some 3M carbon fiber vinyl flex wrap for $20 on amazon. Got me 12"x60", so ill have plenty left over.
The kung fu wraps are all graphics, I'm not really into that, I like a more clean look. Plus $50 for their wraps! When i just got a bunch of much higher quality vinyl flex wrap for $20... you can see why I went that route.
After looking at my forks, it's definitely going to be a tight squeeze to get that vinyl around the fork, especially on the right where the wires are ran. But oh well, I'll make it work.
Back to top Go down
Senna1Rossi

Senna1Rossi

PostSubject: Re: Hate the gold forks. Possible to swap?   Hate the gold forks. Possible to swap? EmptyFri Nov 04, 2016 5:13 pm

if those forks have OHLINS written on them, i'll trade ya... heh
Back to top Go down
802VTRider

802VTRider

PostSubject: Re: Hate the gold forks. Possible to swap?   Hate the gold forks. Possible to swap? EmptyMon Nov 07, 2016 12:00 pm

@Senna1Rossi

Too funny man.

I would just disassemble the forks and have them powder coated. Really not a hard job to do. Plus while you are at it you can put new fork seals in and change you fluid. I had a fork seal go bad on my bike and I replaced the fork seal by myself. Really not a hard job and I had no clue what I was doing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hate the gold forks. Possible to swap?   Hate the gold forks. Possible to swap? Empty

Back to top Go down

Hate the gold forks. Possible to swap?
Page 1 of 1