Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New old guy from Massachusetts

Go down 
+2
JS5Owner
Fiine_Liine
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Fiine_Liine

New old guy from Massachusetts Empty
PostSubject: New old guy from Massachusetts   New old guy from Massachusetts EmptyMon Nov 14, 2016 3:35 pm

Just bought a low mileage 2008 wr250r after lurking around this forum for a bit. Got bored with sport touring and vintage bikes and decided to try this in addition after about a 25 years away from offroad. Will probably bust myself up and quit, but had to give it another try.
Back to top Go down
JS5Owner

PostSubject: Re: New old guy from Massachusetts   New old guy from Massachusetts EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 9:49 am

Fiine_Liine wrote:
Just bought a low mileage 2008 wr250r after lurking around this forum for a bit. Got bored with sport touring and vintage bikes and decided to try this in addition after about a 25 years away from offroad. Will probably bust myself up and quit, but had to give it another try.

Welcome to the WR world! I too picked my 2009 up used several years ago and have enjoyed each and every minute of riding it. It can do anything I care to have it do... and more. Get some armor...then ride!
Back to top Go down
jason meacham

jason meacham

PostSubject: Re: New old guy from Massachusetts   New old guy from Massachusetts EmptySat Mar 18, 2017 1:27 pm

Hello and welcome. This forum has been very helpful for me, lots of useful information.. what part of Mass. are you from?. I'm from ct. not far from monson mass.
Back to top Go down
SWOman

PostSubject: Re: New old guy from Massachusetts   New old guy from Massachusetts EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 7:51 am

Where in MA.? I'm on the North Shore - tough to find places to off-road around here!
Back to top Go down
Fiine_Liine

PostSubject: Re: New old guy from Massachusetts   New old guy from Massachusetts EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 9:41 am

jason meacham wrote:
Hello and welcome.   This forum has been very helpful for me, lots of useful information.. what part of Mass. are you from?.  I'm from ct.  not far from monson mass.    
It has been very helpful for me as well. I am in Wilbraham-next door.
Back to top Go down
Fiine_Liine

PostSubject: Re: New old guy from Massachusetts   New old guy from Massachusetts EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 9:45 am

SWOman wrote:
Where in MA.?  I'm on the North Shore - tough to find places to off-road around here!
Wilbraham-just outside of Springfield. I am just starting to search for off road spots.
Back to top Go down
SWOman

PostSubject: Re: New old guy from Massachusetts   New old guy from Massachusetts EmptySun Apr 23, 2017 8:33 am

You'll have alot more luck finding trails in central MA. than me - enjoy!!
Back to top Go down
TINK

PostSubject: New old guy from So Cal   New old guy from Massachusetts EmptyMon Jul 17, 2017 10:17 am

I too just joined the "seniors on dirt bikes" club. droooool
I'm 63 and live in So Cal.
Let's show these kids how it's done.  thumb
Peace YAM
Back to top Go down
dfoustou

PostSubject: Re: New old guy from Massachusetts   New old guy from Massachusetts EmptyMon Jul 17, 2017 8:43 pm

Thee years ago my WR250R was stolen. I got an 79 CX500 and a 07 Aprilia RSVR...but every day I miss my WR. What a great bike, with fun torque, robust and with a unique character. I hope that when the new Yamaha Tenere 7 is released later next Fall, I will find a nice used WR250R.
Back to top Go down
Fiine_Liine

PostSubject: Re: New old guy from Massachusetts   New old guy from Massachusetts EmptyTue Aug 01, 2017 12:48 pm

dfoustou wrote:
Thee years ago my WR250R was stolen. I got an 79 CX500 and a 07 Aprilia RSVR...but every day I miss my WR. What a great bike, with fun torque, robust and with a unique character. I hope that when the new Yamaha Tenere 7 is released later next Fall, I will find a nice used WR250R.
You have good taste. I love the CX motor design and just sold an 07 Tuono. Looking for an 09 Tuono Factory now.
Back to top Go down
jason meacham

jason meacham

PostSubject: Re: New old guy from Massachusetts   New old guy from Massachusetts EmptySat Nov 25, 2017 1:55 pm

I live about 20 min from Monson mass in Connecticut, I rode this past fall with a guy on this forum that's from Palmer mass. Message me in the spring if you want to ride, I know of some pretty good riding spots in the Stafford and Union areas in Connecticut.. Jason
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New old guy from Massachusetts   New old guy from Massachusetts Empty

Back to top Go down

New old guy from Massachusetts
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: General :: New Members-
Jump to: