Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Australian owners, don't break your headlight!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
66T

66T

Australian owners, don't break your headlight! Empty
PostSubject: Australian owners, don't break your headlight!   Australian owners, don't break your headlight! EmptyFri Dec 30, 2016 11:08 pm

Mine got a stone while being towed around, as I do, in my trailer.

Replacement cost? Around 430AUD for OEM. Yes, I could fart around with various aftermarket items, but ultimately I'm after reliability. I need a headlight at work, and usually stock is best for me.

Luckily my dealer helped me out with price, but there's only so much they can do and still make a buck.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Australian owners, don't break your headlight!   Australian owners, don't break your headlight! EmptySat Dec 31, 2016 1:17 pm

I'm using clear mask on mine to try to keep that from happening. The clear bra style stuff the car dealers use on the front painted surfaces and headlights. I get scraps from the dealer I work at and cut to size. So far, it's working. After a few years it may discolor, but you just peel it off using a heat gun and put a new piece on. There are guards out there also I think. List price in the U.S. for the headlight assembly is $271. Bike Bandit has them for $217. Ouch.
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: Australian owners, don't break your headlight!   Australian owners, don't break your headlight! EmptyMon Jan 02, 2017 4:48 pm

After a couple of my buddies had their headlight broken by errant rocks on our rides I broke down and bought this for my WRR:

http://parabellum.com/Parabellum-Yamaha-WR250-WR250X-Headlight-Cover-P119.aspx
Back to top Go down
coeywong88

PostSubject: Re: Australian owners, don't break your headlight!   Australian owners, don't break your headlight! EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 3:14 am

66T wrote:
Mine got a stone while being english towed around, as I do, in my trailer.

Replacement cost? Around 430AUD for OEM. Yes, I could fart around with various aftermarket items, but ultimately I'm after reliability. I need a headlight at work, and usually stock is best for me.

Luckily my dealer helped me out with price, but there's only so much they can do and still make a buck.

I think the price is good!

Last edited by coeywong88 on Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
66T

66T

PostSubject: Re: Australian owners, don't break your headlight!   Australian owners, don't break your headlight! EmptyFri Jan 13, 2017 12:47 am

[quote="coeywong88"

I think the price is good![/quote]

Ha ha not getting involved with that fishing line! Nice try.

I do like the velcroed clear protector. Might go that way, I think. Thanks rsteiger.

Back to top Go down
Cosmic Charlie

Cosmic Charlie

PostSubject: Re: Australian owners, don't break your headlight!   Australian owners, don't break your headlight! EmptyThu Feb 23, 2017 9:00 pm

I just cut a piece of plexi-glass with a jigsaw to the size of the headlight lens, and then used clear silicone on the top & bottom to attach - so far good
Back to top Go down
66T

66T

PostSubject: Re: Australian owners, don't break your headlight!   Australian owners, don't break your headlight! EmptySun Mar 05, 2017 5:30 am

I have discovered that the headlight unit is made in Italy. It's available online for less than $150 AUD! Bloody hell.
Back to top Go down
paulie1960

PostSubject: Re: Australian owners, don't break your headlight!   Australian owners, don't break your headlight! EmptySun Mar 05, 2017 9:22 am

I broke mine twice from roost, then I bought a polisport light, only lasted 6 mouths and melted away. The stock light is ugly but the best setup, you can find a new oem style glass lite on ebay for $40, you just have to protect it with plastic because you will break it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Australian owners, don't break your headlight!   Australian owners, don't break your headlight! Empty

Back to top Go down

Australian owners, don't break your headlight!
Page 1 of 1