Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Share | 

EXUP question.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Samjack

PostSubject: EXUP question.    Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:51 pm

Hello, I've decided to replace the stock exhaust with an FMF power core with the megabomb header as well. I'll also have it tuned with a power Commander ( not sure which one to get, there's alot of options it seems ) by my local repair shop. Now I have the EXUP simulator ordered but it won't arrive until next week while the exhaust system will arrive this Friday. So my question is can I have it tuned with the EXUP unplugged and removed or will that interfere with the tuning? As far as I've read the only thing it will do when removed is make the check engine light come on. Any insight on what power Commander to buy would be helpful as well. I suppose I could just be patient but it's going to be in the 60s this weekend and that doesn't happen too often in Nebraska! Anyway thanks for any help!
Back to top Go down
shifted

PostSubject: Re: EXUP question.    Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:24 pm

You can do the resistor mod for the time being. Resistors are cheap and easy to come by.
Back to top Go down
blusmoke

PostSubject: Re: EXUP question.    Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:37 pm

you can just leave it unplugged for the time being, it has nothing to do with the fueling it just adds a little bit of back pressure under certain conditions. the light warns you that the exhaust could be blocked.

as for powercommander i would get the PC5 fuel + ignition if i were to do it again, either that or the more basic PC FC like i went with. Keep in mind my dyno guy said that if he had ignition control it wouldn't have made any more power just would have made a prettier dyno graph. if you shop around online you can find them lower than dealer cost.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: EXUP question.    Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:12 am

There's a few ways to deal with the exup when you replace the exhaust.
Zip tie the exup cables up out of the way but leave them hooked up so the CE light doesn't come on.
Pull the cables out of the servo motor but leave the servo motor hooked up so the CE light doesn't come on, this is what I did 4 years ago, I don't know why its not more popular, its free and easy.
Take the servo motor and cables off and get used to the CE light always being on, it doesn't affect how the bike runs.
Add a resistor to the servo motor plug so the CE light doesnt come on and ditch it and the cables.
Buy the exup simulator which does the exact same thing as the resistor and use it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EXUP question.    

Back to top Go down

EXUP question.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1