Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New stable mate

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

New stable mate Empty
PostSubject: New stable mate   New stable mate EmptySun Feb 19, 2017 7:17 pm

Been lusting after an Italian steed for some time, so got the WR a new stable mate. My wife surprised me by telling me it would be okay to buy a new Beta, so we went and looked at them yesterday. Been researching for over a year, and we really considered selling the WR for an RR-S model, probably a 390 or 500. But, after riding the WR280R a little more, I just like the bike too much. We already own it, and it does pavement and trails just fine as an exploration bike, just a bit heavy for gnarly single track and I wanted something more dirt oriented.

SO, the answer of course was a two stroke enduro! 2017 Beta 300RR. Rode both the Xtrainer and the 300RR at a dealer over on the East side of the state that would actually allow me to test ride. Both are great bikes, the RR just was the one that did it for me. Going to get it within a week or so. Didn't take the truck over, and need to finish paperwork and get the accessories for it ordered Monday so they can finish up. Still needs the map switch put on.

Neat thing about these bikes is they already have the light switch and wiring for turn signals, come with a horn, brake light switches on both levers, front and rear lighting and they can be licensed here in Idaho. Kind of a dual sport, just a bit more dirt focused :)

New stable mate 20170218_124352%20800x450_zpscz3txoa2

New stable mate 20170218_130100%20800x450_zps8csrn0kj

Major woohoo! Going to get back on a smoker again! I've really missed 2 strokes.

Back to top Go down
kenfm2000

New stable mate Empty
PostSubject: Re: New stable mate   New stable mate EmptyThu Feb 23, 2017 11:18 pm

Nice! I am enjoying my 2016 Beta Xtrainer. I'm sure you will enjoy the RR!
Back to top Go down
johnkol

New stable mate Empty
PostSubject: Re: New stable mate   New stable mate EmptyFri Feb 24, 2017 12:58 am

I miss my KTM 125.

Can't imagine how a 2T 300 would feel: double the horsepower of the WRR and 50 lbs lighter make for a scary combination.
Back to top Go down

New stable mate Empty
PostSubject: Re: New stable mate   New stable mate EmptyFri Feb 24, 2017 9:34 am

It doesn't feel violent at all. Very smooth, just a lot more thrust. I raced big bore 2 strokes years ago, and this isn't a KX500. Very controlled feeling, but yeah, lots more power. And it's probably a bit over 60 lbs lighter.

Can't wait to get it home. Accessories are supposed to be at the shop today, and hoping to pick it up tomorrow. Playing it by ear, as weather to the East has been lousy again.
Back to top Go down
rarepartbuilder

rarepartbuilder

New stable mate Empty
PostSubject: Re: New stable mate   New stable mate EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 10:21 pm

congrats traveller! what goodies did you get for the 300?

Back to top Go down

New stable mate Empty
PostSubject: Re: New stable mate   New stable mate EmptyMon Feb 27, 2017 9:27 am

Hand guards (Cycra), Obie link guard, Q Stealth spark arrestor, the cooling fan kit and a soft seat foam (from Beta) and an Enduro Engineering skidplate. Also going to order radiator braces, one other carb needle and a couple more jets.

Going to pick it up this Saturday. This weekend it snowed in Southeast Idaho, Thursday through Saturday morning with freeway closures. It was cool here, but decent. Delayed the road trip for a week so that the snow will be off the roads when we get the bike.
Back to top Go down
nightdemo

New stable mate Empty
PostSubject: Re: New stable mate   New stable mate EmptyWed Aug 22, 2018 2:55 am

Stunning!
Back to top Go down
dwollie

New stable mate Empty
PostSubject: Re: New stable mate   New stable mate EmptyWed Aug 22, 2018 3:30 am

That's a sweet looking bike! Congrats and enjoy riding on it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New stable mate Empty
PostSubject: Re: New stable mate   New stable mate Empty

Back to top Go down

New stable mate
Page 1 of 1