Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Plug & Play dirt wheels?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
arnoldus

Plug & Play dirt wheels? Empty
PostSubject: Plug & Play dirt wheels?   Plug & Play dirt wheels? EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 5:13 am

I've been searching through the forum and found several mentions of dirt wheels for the WR250X.
As far as I understand, the only wheels where you truly just quickly pull the X wheels off and put dirt wheels on, are the SM Pro? Is that correct?

I'm looking for a solution where I can quickly just swap wheels. Preferably with brake discs that are commercially available, which limits some options.
I'm based in Europe, so is SM Pro the only viable solution?
Back to top Go down
N8

PostSubject: Re: Plug & Play dirt wheels?   Plug & Play dirt wheels? EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 6:25 am

Warp 9 is another option.
Back to top Go down
AnthonyJF85

PostSubject: Re: Plug & Play dirt wheels?   Plug & Play dirt wheels? EmptyMon May 22, 2017 9:24 pm

so the wr250r wheels wont just bolt up to the X?
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Plug & Play dirt wheels?   Plug & Play dirt wheels? EmptyMon May 22, 2017 11:18 pm

AnthonyJF85 wrote:
so the wr250r wheels wont just bolt up to the X?

No, the front disc on the R is smaller than the front disc on the X, so you have to relocate the front caliper when swapping.
Back to top Go down
Kuny wrx

PostSubject: Plugg & play   Plug & Play dirt wheels? EmptyFri May 22, 2020 6:24 am

Hi my WR friends 🤟
Im new here from belgium.
Riding my wr250x 2010 for 10 years now.
Since i did a kamikaze move with my ktm 450 i was thinking to put some bigger wheels and mx tires on my wr so i can keep sending it in the dirt for now 😊
Problem is im not sure what to chose best.
I have checked out the smpro site and warp9, i think the warp9 is most clear where i have a fitting front rim ( 21" 1.60")
Now my question: for the 2010 wrx the site gives me 3 options. (18" 2.15 / 18"2.5 and 19"2.15 ) i wanna go for the 21"front and 19" rear like my ktm but im not completly sure. Also should i order stock wrx disc brakes and sprockets so i can switch easy?
Hope one of you smart gents can help me out.
Btw, amazes me every time how much this 250 engine puts out and what kind of a 🎵smooth operator 🎵he still is ! Just love that son of a gun
Thanks in advance.
Greetz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plug & Play dirt wheels?   Plug & Play dirt wheels? Empty

Back to top Go down

Plug & Play dirt wheels?
Page 1 of 1