Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

A number of questions, related to wheels and VIN

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
njwr250r

A number of questions, related to wheels and VIN Empty
PostSubject: A number of questions, related to wheels and VIN   A number of questions, related to wheels and VIN EmptySat Mar 18, 2017 12:27 pm

Hi all,
I am looking at 2008 wr250x for sale. I saw that the sticker that is near the VIN said something like "Sample Only", anyone ever seen anything like that. I didn't think of taking a picture of that sticker until after I left, I have a picture where you can kind of see it but I can't fiugre out how to add it to this post. The guy trying to sell has paperwork that matched his VIN so it seemed legit but the sticker not having the expected information makes me want to pass on this bike.

Second issue, the 10th digit is a 0, which seems to be invalid (cannot be year 0), any thoughts?

Lastly, this bike has a 21 inch front wheel, if I were to buy it I'd like it to be stock but I cannot find a stock wr250x tire for sale anywhere. I read that wr250r and x have different axles which mean the wheels are not interchangeable, can anyone confirm that?
Back to top Go down
wwguy

wwguy

PostSubject: Re: A number of questions, related to wheels and VIN   A number of questions, related to wheels and VIN EmptySat Mar 18, 2017 1:19 pm

njwr250r wrote:
Hi all,
I am looking at 2008 wr250x for sale. I saw that the sticker that is near the VIN said something like "Sample Only", anyone ever seen anything like that. I didn't think of taking a picture of that sticker until after I left, I have a picture where you can kind of see it but I can't fiugre out how to add it to this post. The guy trying to sell has paperwork that matched his VIN so it seemed legit but the sticker not having the expected information makes me want to pass on this bike.

Second issue, the 10th digit is a 0, which seems to be invalid (cannot be year 0), any thoughts?

Lastly, this bike has a 21 inch front wheel, if I were to buy it I'd like it to be stock but I cannot find a stock wr250x tire for sale anywhere. I read that wr250r and x have different axles which mean the wheels are not interchangeable, can anyone confirm that?

Not sure about the "sample only" label.

The VIN 10th digit model year number seems to primarily be a North American thing..  Here's a post from a guy in Greece that was puzzled why his 2008 WR250X had a "0" in the same VIN position.  Your profile doesn't indicate your location, but I'm guessing this bike wasn't originally manufactured for sale in North America.

The axles on both bikes are the same.  The primary difference between WRR and WRX is that the X has 17" rims and a larger brake rotor, ostensibly for better braking performance at highway speeds.  With the smaller wheels the X also has a slightly shorter kickstand.  There's a ton of info out on the web about converting back and forth between R and X, but this page sums it up pretty well..
Back to top Go down
njwr250r

PostSubject: Re: A number of questions, related to wheels and VIN   A number of questions, related to wheels and VIN EmptySat Mar 18, 2017 2:06 pm

wow, thank you so much for the information!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A number of questions, related to wheels and VIN   A number of questions, related to wheels and VIN Empty

Back to top Go down

A number of questions, related to wheels and VIN
Page 1 of 1