Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Share | 

Hi from the UK

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Richparker

PostSubject: Hi from the UK   Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:46 am

Hi everyone. Just bought myself a 2009 WR250R. I already have a KTM500exc with a HDB Rallye light kit on it but I wanted something a bit less high maintenance for doing some trips on. A group of us go on a couple of 2000-3000 mile trips a year, usually to Spain or Morocco, and I wanted something light, able to sit on the asphalt at 60-70mph and with decent service intervals - I hope this bike is it! I'll have a look around the site for advise on turning the bike into a bike capable of some 50/50 road/offroad long distance tours. Cheers Rich
Back to top Go down
beer goggle

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the UK   Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:49 pm

Coincidence, a fella from where you are recently posted a RR on his trip to Morocco...

http://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t13316-morocco

Welcome to the forum thumb Don't be too underwhelmed by the lack of power compared to the KTM, but be sure that it will do all the things you have listed.
Back to top Go down
Richparker

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the UK   Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:27 pm

The rider is Chris Scott. He's very well known in the UK for his travels and he's written some very good books on Morocco and Adventure Bikes in general. I've been to one have talks and it was really informative. Looks like he went for the larger IMS tank and it doesn't look too big. There's one for sale on this forum - will have to see if he's willing to send to the UK
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the UK   

Back to top Go down

Hi from the UK
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: General :: New Members-
Jump to: