Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Clutch Troubleshooting & Replacement Options

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Thorny93

Thorny93

Clutch Troubleshooting & Replacement Options Empty
PostSubject: Clutch Troubleshooting & Replacement Options   Clutch Troubleshooting & Replacement Options EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 2:14 pm

Hey guys,

I have a 2014 WR250R I primarily ride off-road and service regularly. In the past couple of months the clutch has been coming and going throughout my ride. The clutch will have more play when I start out or cruising, then when I get on the throttle for a bit in the woods it completely tightens up. I've adjusted the clutch perch, but when I get back to cruising again it gets so much play that it almost won't disengage without hitting the grip. I get decent power to the ground as long as I keep the perch adjusted.

The basket appears to be in great shape and no abnormal debris in the oil. I replaced the plates and fibers with stock replacement, no change. Tried a Tusk aftermarket kit and added heavy duty springs, really just made the lever harder to pull. Switched back to the stock springs and swapped the 43 rear sprocket for a 48 with some minor improvement. I have an on-the-fly adjustable clutch lever ordered, not because I think it will help the problem, but because my fingers are raw from cranking the stock perch back and forth during my ride.

I had a similar issue on a 2006 RM250 that a Hinson basket and pressure plate fixed nicely. Other than that I've never had this problem on any of my bikes (2005 RM250, 2006 RMZ250, 2007 250XCF, 2008 250XCF, 2009 YZ250F, 2013 YZ250F).

Ideas? Aftermarket options? Appreciate the help.
Back to top Go down
dicklane625

dicklane625

PostSubject: Re: Clutch Troubleshooting & Replacement Options   Clutch Troubleshooting & Replacement Options EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 8:14 pm

I've seen a post about there being an internal adjustment somewhere... I forget how it works only that it was in the case somewhere... If I find it I'll post it, I think it sounded like a pita.
Back to top Go down
mostexcellentdude

mostexcellentdude

PostSubject: Re: Clutch Troubleshooting & Replacement Options   Clutch Troubleshooting & Replacement Options EmptySat Dec 30, 2017 7:13 pm

Thorny93 wrote:
Hey guys,

I have a 2014 WR250R I primarily ride off-road and service regularly. In the past couple of months the clutch has been coming and going throughout my ride. The clutch will have more play when I start out or cruising, then when I get on the throttle for a bit in the woods it completely tightens up. I've adjusted the clutch perch, but when I get back to cruising again it gets so much play that it almost won't disengage without hitting the grip. I get decent power to the ground as long as I keep the perch adjusted.

The basket appears to be in great shape and no abnormal debris in the oil. I replaced the plates and fibers with stock replacement, no change. Tried a Tusk aftermarket kit and added heavy duty springs, really just made the lever harder to pull. Switched back to the stock springs and swapped the 43 rear sprocket for a 48 with some minor improvement. I have an on-the-fly adjustable clutch lever ordered, not because I think it will help the problem, but because my fingers are raw from cranking the stock perch back and forth during my ride.

I had a similar issue on a 2006 RM250 that a Hinson basket and pressure plate fixed nicely. Other than that I've never had this problem on any of my bikes (2005 RM250, 2006 RMZ250, 2007 250XCF, 2008 250XCF, 2009 YZ250F, 2013 YZ250F).

Ideas? Aftermarket options? Appreciate the help.

Thorny, did you ever figure this out?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clutch Troubleshooting & Replacement Options   Clutch Troubleshooting & Replacement Options Empty

Back to top Go down

Clutch Troubleshooting & Replacement Options
Page 1 of 1