Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Just bought my new R and have some questions

Go down 
+3
dicklane625
Irishman301
johnkol
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
JusTheUsual

Just bought my new R and have some questions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just bought my new R and have some questions   Just bought my new R and have some questions - Page 2 EmptyFri May 12, 2017 1:40 pm

I got my new chain, front sprocket, rear sprocket, and the drd speedo thing. Didn't send me my tapered bolt kit with it... On receipt in box it says out of stock and refunded money... So now I cant put it on and I have to work a double on my bday tomorrow and work the next 5days... What size is the tapered bolts for the rear sprocket?
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Just bought my new R and have some questions   Just bought my new R and have some questions - Page 2 EmptyFri May 12, 2017 2:24 pm

So you're looking for this bolt kit?
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: Just bought my new R and have some questions   Just bought my new R and have some questions - Page 2 EmptyFri May 12, 2017 2:37 pm

JusTheUsual wrote:
I got my new chain, front sprocket, rear sprocket, and the drd speedo thing. Didn't send me my tapered bolt kit with it... On receipt in box it says out of stock and refunded money... So now I cant put it on and I have to work a double on my bday tomorrow and work the next 5days... What size is the tapered bolts for the rear sprocket?

I forget but are the WRR bolts tapered? I seem to recall they are not and when I replaced my rear sprocket the one I bought had tapered holes. So I flipped the rear sprocket and used the stock bolts. Rode it that way for about 6000 miles and then I needed to replace the chain and I opted for a different rear sprocket.

So if you want to ride it just flip the rear sprocket and use the stock bolts. You aren't dealing with a 100hp bike here.
Back to top Go down
dicklane625

dicklane625

PostSubject: Re: Just bought my new R and have some questions   Just bought my new R and have some questions - Page 2 EmptyFri May 12, 2017 3:24 pm

Did you check the sprocket to see if you even need it? Not all of them need the taper. If u specified wr250r on the order it's less likely that it does.. You can just flip it in a pinch. I got the motion pro bolt kit for a wr250f. I think if u have a dealer nearby you could bring him one n say you needed them with a tapered head or a wr250f if it's a yamy dealer. I don't even know if it matters that you go to a yamy dealer, if you cross reference the sprockets different brands run the same sprocket so same diameter bolt... He might have somethin in stock...
Back to top Go down
JusTheUsual

PostSubject: Re: Just bought my new R and have some questions   Just bought my new R and have some questions - Page 2 EmptyFri May 12, 2017 4:00 pm

Thank you guys. I just got back from a nice little ride and I don't have time now to do it. So gonna have to wait until next Thursday/Friday to do it. I got the JT JTR245/2.47 back sprocket, and the holes aren't flat on it. They're indented in the metal so they do take tapered.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just bought my new R and have some questions   Just bought my new R and have some questions - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Just bought my new R and have some questions
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2