Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Wheel spin with Clutch pulled?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BCRider

Wheel spin with Clutch pulled? Empty
PostSubject: Wheel spin with Clutch pulled?   Wheel spin with Clutch pulled? EmptyThu May 11, 2017 12:01 am

Hey fellas,
I've got my bike on the lift, engine running. I pull in the clutch and drop the gear into 1st or 2nd.

It goes into gear and the wheel starts spinning with clutch lever still pulled in. - Is this normal? There's not much 'driving' the wheel spin as I can stop it with my hand.

The lever has plenty of room before the friction zone when i put the bike back on the ground and test.

Is it normal for the wheel to spin like this when off the ground and in gear, clutch disengaged?

TIA scratch
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Wheel spin with Clutch pulled?   Wheel spin with Clutch pulled? EmptyThu May 11, 2017 4:22 am

In general, yes, this is normal. The WRR clutch (like the vast majority of motorcycle clutches) is immersed in an oil bath, so there is always some drag between the plates.
Back to top Go down
BCRider

PostSubject: Re: Wheel spin with Clutch pulled?   Wheel spin with Clutch pulled? EmptyThu May 11, 2017 1:28 pm

Thanks mate, I rest easy now thumb
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: Wheel spin with Clutch pulled?   Wheel spin with Clutch pulled? EmptyMon May 15, 2017 4:11 am

Its normal, its not so much an issue on a bike that is warmed up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wheel spin with Clutch pulled?   Wheel spin with Clutch pulled? Empty

Back to top Go down

Wheel spin with Clutch pulled?
Page 1 of 1