Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Share | 
 

 2013 Yamaha WRR - Mojave Road

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NewTread1020




PostSubject: 2013 Yamaha WRR - Mojave Road    Fri May 12, 2017 5:54 pm

Got my bike this past December. Mojave trip with the brother and his gang in February. Highly recommend to all you Californians!

*photo cred to Kevin Krakauer






Back to top Go down
jotis




PostSubject: Re: 2013 Yamaha WRR - Mojave Road    Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:27 pm

NewTread1020 wrote:
Got my bike this past December. Mojave trip with the brother and his gang in February. Highly recommend to all you Californians!

Looks awesome. I'm thinking of going in December. Can you tell me where you camped?
Back to top Go down
johnkol




PostSubject: Re: 2013 Yamaha WRR - Mojave Road    Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:20 pm

Was there in October; beautiful place, but you really need to love sand riding if you're planning on doing Mojave Road.

There are two organised campgrounds midway through Mojave Road: Hole-In-The-Wall, and Mid Hills; first one is far more scenic, second one closer to Mojave Road.

Kelso Dunes:

Back to top Go down
jotis




PostSubject: Re: 2013 Yamaha WRR - Mojave Road    Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:46 pm

johnkol wrote:
Was there in October; beautiful place, but you really need to love sand riding if you're planning on doing Mojave Road.

There are two organised campgrounds midway through Mojave Road: Hole-In-The-Wall, and Mid Hills; first one is far more scenic, second one closer to Mojave Road.

Kelso Dunes:


Thanks for the info. I have no problems with sand. Sounds like things get interesting after heavy rains though.
Back to top Go down
johnkol




PostSubject: Re: 2013 Yamaha WRR - Mojave Road    Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:34 am

jotis wrote:
Thanks for the info. I have no problems with sand. Sounds like things get interesting after heavy rains though.

Mojave Road is not easy to navigate; I had to backtrack a couple times when my GPS showed that I had taken the wrong trail. If you're planning on doing the whole thing, it may be worthwhile getting the Mojave Road Guide (by the person who originally connected various trails together to make a road out of them).

I would not dare go through Mohave during wet season; the sand is really deep in a lot of places, so with enough water it may even turn to quicksand.
Back to top Go down
dfoustou




PostSubject: Re: 2013 Yamaha WRR - Mojave Road    Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:43 am

awesome!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: 2013 Yamaha WRR - Mojave Road    

Back to top Go down
 
2013 Yamaha WRR - Mojave Road
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: General :: WRR/X Pictures-
Jump to: