Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Holy crap...this thing RIPS!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Irishman301

Holy crap...this thing RIPS!!! Empty
PostSubject: Holy crap...this thing RIPS!!!   Holy crap...this thing RIPS!!! EmptyWed May 17, 2017 12:02 am

I went from thinking that I was gonna be leaving the bike stock to doing ALL the mods in a matter of about 2 weeks :), and I must say that I'm very happy that I did!

This bike has massive balls now! When the powerband kicks in, which occurs in the higher RPMs as you all already know, this bike sounds very similar to a 2-stroke. I have the FMF powercore/megabomb exhaust. I'm working on making a video in which I take a bunch of footage of where this bike is making its' peak power so people can get an idea of what this bike is capable of becoming once "uncorked".

I can't believe that there's people out there that think this bike is slow. I've owned some fast bikes in my life before...a GSXR 600, a Suzuki LTR-450 quad, and a few cruiser motorcycles...well this bike is right there with the rest of them as far as "fast bikes" goes :).

The mods really do wake this beast up...and I hear that the bike wakes up even more after it hits about 500 miles. I'm looking forward to seeing what that's all about Peace YAM.

Mods: FMF powercore, megabomb, EJK tuner (set exactly as they shipped it to me), 47T rear sprocket, remove airbox lid, remove AIS, disconnect EXUP cables but leave servo motor in place
Back to top Go down
shadow

PostSubject: Re: Holy crap...this thing RIPS!!!   Holy crap...this thing RIPS!!! EmptyWed May 17, 2017 6:08 am

Thanks for the update Irishman.... looking forward to the video.
I'm thinking of doing mine, but I'll probably wait until this winter.
Back to top Go down
RickL

PostSubject: Re: Holy crap...this thing RIPS!!!   Holy crap...this thing RIPS!!! EmptyWed May 17, 2017 3:39 pm

Irishman301 wrote:
I went from thinking that I was gonna be leaving the bike stock to doing ALL the mods in a matter of about 2 weeks :), and I must say that I'm very happy that I did!

This bike has massive balls now! When the powerband kicks in, which occurs in the higher RPMs as you all already know, this bike sounds very similar to a 2-stroke. I have the FMF powercore/megabomb exhaust. I'm working on making a video in which I take a bunch of footage of where this bike is making its' peak power so people can get an idea of what this bike is capable of becoming once "uncorked".

I can't believe that there's people out there that think this bike is slow. I've owned some fast bikes in my life before...a GSXR 600, a Suzuki LTR-450 quad, and a few cruiser motorcycles...well this bike is right there with the rest of them as far as "fast bikes" goes :).

The mods really do wake this beast up...and I hear that the bike wakes up even more after it hits about 500 miles. I'm looking forward to seeing what that's all about Peace YAM.

Mods: FMF powercore, megabomb, EJK tuner (set exactly as they shipped it to me), 47T rear sprocket, remove airbox lid, remove AIS, disconnect EXUP cables but leave servo motor in place

I have the same setup but I'm curious to what your settings are on your EJK TUNER. Thank you in advance!
Back to top Go down
Irishman301

PostSubject: Re: Holy crap...this thing RIPS!!!   Holy crap...this thing RIPS!!! EmptyWed May 17, 2017 4:49 pm

RickL wrote:
I have the same setup but I'm curious to what your settings are on your EJK TUNER. Thank you in advance!

Not sure what the settings are. I just opened it up and plugged it in. It seems to run perfectly the way it came.
Back to top Go down
RickL

PostSubject: Re: Holy crap...this thing RIPS!!!   Holy crap...this thing RIPS!!! EmptyWed May 17, 2017 5:11 pm

Irishman301 wrote:
RickL wrote:

Not sure what the settings are. I just opened it up and plugged it in. It seems to run perfectly the way it came.

Ok...I adjusted mine per some TT and other online info. No worries. Just trying to fine tune mine a bit.
Back to top Go down
Irishman301

PostSubject: Re: Holy crap...this thing RIPS!!!   Holy crap...this thing RIPS!!! EmptyWed May 17, 2017 5:51 pm

How is yours running?
Back to top Go down
RickL

PostSubject: Re: Holy crap...this thing RIPS!!!   Holy crap...this thing RIPS!!! EmptyWed May 17, 2017 5:58 pm

Irishman301 wrote:
How is yours running?

Seems good! I tweaked the settings just a bit. I would list them here but I have them written down at home. My Mods: Full FMF Powerbomb with Q4 Muff. Better air filter and pulled that emissions shit off. I did not mod the airbox or flapper. Seeing conflicting info on that.
Back to top Go down
Irishman301

PostSubject: Re: Holy crap...this thing RIPS!!!   Holy crap...this thing RIPS!!! EmptyWed May 17, 2017 6:11 pm

Nice...I'm kinda wishing that I went with the Q4. When buying the powercore, I figured "how loud can this thing actually be??" My quad was loud as hell, and so was my Harley. Plus, I got the "big gun" full exhaust on my TTR...but for some reason, this powercore just hurts my ears. I wear earplugs while I ride as a result.

As far as the airbox door...whoever sold me the my quad did the same type of mods, including removing the airbox lid. I had that quad in water and mud all the time. My air filter did get dirty, but I just kept it clean as well as the oil. No problems. My thoughts are...just don't go swimming with the bike, and maintain this bike by frequently changing the oil and cleaning the air filter, and you should be alright.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Holy crap...this thing RIPS!!!   Holy crap...this thing RIPS!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Holy crap...this thing RIPS!!!
Page 1 of 1