Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Fmf q4 stock header adapter problem

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
pedersonj98

Fmf q4 stock header adapter problem Empty
PostSubject: Fmf q4 stock header adapter problem   Fmf q4 stock header adapter problem EmptyWed Jun 07, 2017 9:33 pm

So I recently purchased an Fmf q4 slip on for my 2017 wr250r. Upon opening the box and experimenting with the parts, I have found that the sleeve designed to slide into the mid pipe of the q4 is slightly too large to fit into the pipe. The adapter fits fine onto the stock header on the bike, but will not fit no matter what I try into the midpipe itself. This has my quite frustrated and I'd love your opinion if you have had this problem yourself..

Thanks guys.

-Jared
Back to top Go down
Biglake

Fmf q4 stock header adapter problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fmf q4 stock header adapter problem   Fmf q4 stock header adapter problem EmptySat Jun 10, 2017 3:48 pm

Mine fit pretty tight in the pipe but did fit.
I put the adapter in the Q4 before putting it onto the head pipe, I had to tap it with a wooden block to get it in the pipe.
If you were to put the adapter on the mid pipe then try to put the Q4 onto it, it wouldn't fit as the mid pipe swells up the adapter, if it didn't fit this tightly it would leak.
Back to top Go down

Fmf q4 stock header adapter problem
Page 1 of 1