Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Share | 

Yamaha rear rotor compatibility (WRR)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
LordMDP

PostSubject: Yamaha rear rotor compatibility (WRR)   Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:55 pm

I bent my rear rotor pretty good. I can't bend this one back straight. I'm looking in Tucker Rocky and they list every other Yamaha except for the WRR. Does anyone know what other Yamaha bikes have the same rear rotor? I don't care if it's a different style as long as it works. Thanks. Getting my bike ready for Colorado!
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Yamaha rear rotor compatibility (WRR)   Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:41 pm

Rocky Mountain has it, but not in stock; might be worth calling and asking how long it would be before they can ship it out:

Back to top Go down
rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: Yamaha rear rotor compatibility (WRR)   Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:55 pm

johnkol wrote:
Rocky Mountain has it, but not in stock; might be worth calling and asking how long it would be before they can ship it out:

Typically on OEM parts like that they don't stock them but they order from the same parts warehouse as the dealers.. who also typically don't stock them.

In the past when I have ordered OEM parts from RMATV I usually received them within 2 weeks.
Back to top Go down
dicklane625

PostSubject: Re: Yamaha rear rotor compatibility (WRR)   Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:05 am

I searched it on ebay n a bunch came up. EBC not stock and saying it fits r/x models. I thought the x had bigger rotors, maybe only in the front? Second one was an ebc that ships from America. A lil more expensive than rmatv at 117$$... Searched the manufacturers part number,
MD6319C... One listing said it fit wrf250 n 450 but the others I looked at just said wrr/x....
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: Yamaha rear rotor compatibility (WRR)   Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:43 am

dicklane625 wrote:
I searched it on ebay n a bunch came up. EBC not stock and saying it fits r/x models. I thought the x had bigger rotors, maybe only in the front? Second one was an ebc that ships from America. A lil more expensive than rmatv at 117$$...  Searched the manufacturers part number,
MD6319C... One listing said it fit wrf250 n 450 but the others I looked at just said wrr/x....

I believe the rear rotors are the same size between the R and X models - the fronts are different.

It's your money but I will share with you some of my experience with after market rotors.  On my DL650 I had worn out my rear rotor and went with an aftermarket one due to cost.  About 10,000 miles later I noticed that I had quite a bit of initial brake rear brake play after riding for a period of time after using the rear brake.  I put the bike on the center stand and saw that the rear rotor had warped.

I got almost 30,000 miles out of the original rotor and this one warped in 10,000.  Figured it was a fluke so I ordered another one and kept an eye on it.  Well in about 5000 miles it started warping.

After that I always ordered OEM rotors for my bikes when possible.

Will all aftermarket rotors do this?  Probably not.  But given the DL650 was my long distance bike and trips over 4000 miles were the norm I figured I would not mess with the aftermarket on that item anymore.
Back to top Go down
dicklane625

PostSubject: Re: Yamaha rear rotor compatibility (WRR)   Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:10 am

Those are listed as ebc contour rotors, about the same cost as msrp for stock. Hard for me to imagine the stockers would still outperform them.
Back to top Go down
LordMDP

PostSubject: Re: Yamaha rear rotor compatibility (WRR)   Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:21 pm

well i gambled and ordered a yamaha Wr250f/yz250/450 ect rotor (most all the yamaha offroad only bikes are the same). They have the same bolt pattern as the WRR but are 245mm diamtere where as the WR250R is 230mm so not a bolt on

Just an fyi
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yamaha rear rotor compatibility (WRR)   

Back to top Go down

Yamaha rear rotor compatibility (WRR)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1