Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New Pump on- fuel spurts - no start

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sdowiat

New Pump on- fuel spurts  - no start Empty
PostSubject: New Pump on- fuel spurts - no start   New Pump on- fuel spurts  - no start EmptySun Jul 02, 2017 2:07 pm

Mine is an 08 that I got 3 years ago with 700 miles and I was watching for the fuel pump issue. It showed up and I got a new pump. Got it installed in the cage and wired back up fine and back in the bike. Turn the switch and it does make the normal sound but no start. Tested with a bit of starter fluid in the air box and it fires and idles a couple of seconds till thats gone. ( I know its not good to do that... but I needed some way to narrow it down to fuel.)

Unhooked the fuel line to the tank and slipped on a clear hose to a gas jug and the pump is indeed putting out fuel... so I don't understand whats up... Any ideas?

I did unhook the negative battery cable for 10 min before re-atatching... but no change. Any ideas?

thanks
stan
Back to top Go down
VW_Lee

VW_Lee

New Pump on- fuel spurts  - no start Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Pump on- fuel spurts - no start   New Pump on- fuel spurts  - no start EmptyMon Jul 03, 2017 11:24 am

Clogged or malfunctioning injector? It sounds like you've narrowed it down to fuel, so I would continue down that path. Start by checking its fuse: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/582263/Yamaha-Wr250r.html?page=76 Also check the electrical connection for the fuel injector. I would run through the diags too: http://wr250r.com/articles/diagnostics-mode

Lee
Back to top Go down

New Pump on- fuel spurts - no start
Page 1 of 1