Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Little advice on purchase

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Cmattina

Little advice on purchase Empty
PostSubject: Little advice on purchase   Little advice on purchase EmptyMon Jul 10, 2017 8:26 am

Alrighty. Could appreciate some advice on this purchase.

Went and looked at the only wr for sale within about 1000 miles, luckily it was only a 15 minute drive. It's an 09 with 4000km (2000miles)

The guy selling it seems very anal retentive but a little mod crazy. He has a 4 door Tacoma all done up with every accessory you can think of. And does not seem like a bum. He bought it as a first bike rode it until 2013/14 then very little after.

The bike is very clean. Only aesthetic issues are from sitting bit of rust on chain that rubs off. Seemed to run nice, oil looked good, tires showed it was used.

Comes with a ton of stuff
- wolfman bags, rack, nice rad/skid guards, nice hand gusrds, new mitas tires and heavy tubes uninstalled, lubes, cleaners, bike cover, oil filters, Alpinestar tech10 boots that fit, jacket that fits, all original stuff that was taken off, some tools such as tire spoons and chain scrubber, Fox pants that fit, and full fmf exhaust (header, muffler) auto tune and PCV.

I could use the boots and jacket.

He did a couple things he read about online. Like taping the flap thing for the air box and removing some emissions stuff.

It did sit s bit.. that's probably biggest issue.

guy wants 5k CAD.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Little advice on purchase   Little advice on purchase EmptyMon Jul 10, 2017 6:37 pm

That's a pretty fair/good price for that bike.
Used WR250R's are worth 4000 plus in Canada unless they're totally beat, that's why I bought mine new.
I'll be selling mine for 4500 (I hope) in a month or two as I just don't use it anymore, I stick to the trails on my yz mostly now.
Back to top Go down
shadow

PostSubject: Re: Little advice on purchase   Little advice on purchase EmptyMon Jul 10, 2017 7:34 pm

You don't see many used wr250r's around, and when you do, they aren't super cheap. That's not a bad price really, especially if you can use some of the mods and extras, some of which are quite expensive. If there are any extras you don't want, you could possibly sell them to get some of your money back.
You don't say where you are but I'm sure you're in Canada. The bike you're looking at sounds like one for sale in Red Lake, Ontario?
Back to top Go down
miniceptor86

PostSubject: Re: Little advice on purchase   Little advice on purchase EmptyMon Jul 10, 2017 7:46 pm

It's close by, gotta like that. Did it start? Did you ride it? Sound OK? If you are worried about the sitting, don't.
Back to top Go down
Cmattina

PostSubject: Re: Little advice on purchase   Little advice on purchase EmptyMon Jul 10, 2017 10:15 pm

shadow wrote:
You don't see many used wr250r's around, and when you do, they aren't super cheap. That's not a bad price really, especially if you can use some of the mods and extras, some of which are quite expensive. If there are any extras you don't want, you could possibly sell them to get some of your money back.
You don't say where you are but I'm sure you're in Canada. The bike you're looking at sounds like one for sale in Red Lake, Ontario?

Yeah it is actually.

Only issue is I'm comparing it to other WRs... there's a newer one with half the km and many of the same mods that's the same price, but i'd have to pay 250 shipping for it. im also thinking about the bike my brother in law sold 3 years ago for 4k... it was an 09 wr250r in the same condition. or the 09 that just sold in kenora for 3800.

So, i don't think 5k is unfair at all, but it is a lot for a 8 year old 7200 dollar bike... it just a bummer situation cause the majority of the mods, especially the expensive ones do nothing for me.

How did you hear of it?
Back to top Go down
shadow

PostSubject: Re: Little advice on purchase   Little advice on purchase EmptyTue Jul 11, 2017 6:41 am

Cmattina wrote:

Yeah it is actually.

Only issue is I'm comparing it to other WRs... there's a newer one with half the km and many of the same mods that's the same price, but i'd have to pay 250 shipping for it. im also thinking about the bike my brother in law sold 3 years ago for 4k... it was an 09 wr250r in the same condition. or the 09 that just sold in kenora for 3800.

So, i don't think 5k is unfair at all, but it is a lot for a 8 year old 7200 dollar bike... it just a bummer situation cause the majority of the mods, especially the expensive ones do nothing for me.

How did you hear of it?

I see it on Kijiji. If those mods don't add value for you, maybe you should buy new? For $2200, you get brand new with a warranty. You will have full tax on it though.
I don't know about your area, but in the Toronto area, you would have no problem selling some of the mods to recoup some of your money. I'm looking for an exhaust and programmer myself.
Lots of different ways of looking at it.
Back to top Go down
Cmattina

PostSubject: Re: Little advice on purchase   Little advice on purchase EmptyTue Jul 11, 2017 7:54 am

shadow wrote:
Cmattina wrote:

Yeah it is actually.

How did you hear of it?

I see it on Kijiji. If those mods don't add value for you, maybe you should buy new? For $2200, you get brand new with a warranty. You will have full tax on it though.
I don't know about your area, but in the Toronto area, you would have no problem selling some of the mods to recoup some of your money. I'm looking for an exhaust and programmer myself.
Lots of different ways of looking at it.

Pm'd

i am thinking about new... but i do want the rack and guards, and luggage... and stand. that stuff brand new adds up, i could piecemeal it together used slowly for relatively little. Plus, nothing local new, so there would be shipping too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Little advice on purchase   Little advice on purchase Empty

Back to top Go down

Little advice on purchase
Page 1 of 1