Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Share | 

Future value of WR250R?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mcrider57

PostSubject: Future value of WR250R?   Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:32 pm

Since the WR has been discontinued-will the value drop since now obsolete?  Or will the price increase since it is a non replaceable gem?
Back to top Go down
miniceptor86

PostSubject: Re: Future value of WR250R?   Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:29 pm

It's an ordinary Japanese motorcycle with none of the cache of the more expensive and higher spec European bikes so it will wither away. Unfortunately for the US market there is nothing like it.
Back to top Go down
wwguy

PostSubject: Re: Future value of WR250R?   Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:24 pm

mcrider57 wrote:
Since the WR has been discontinued-will the value drop since now obsolete?  Or will the price increase since it is a non replaceable gem?

Yes.
Back to top Go down
JusTheUsual

PostSubject: Re: Future value of WR250R?   Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:51 am

IF it truly is discontinued, it will not devalue as much as others. Now there is only so many of them that are not being replaced, if they are in high demand the value will increase. Depends on the market.
Back to top Go down
17thumper

PostSubject: Re: Future value of WR250R?   Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:38 pm

I would think it also depends greatly on the condition and if a replacement model (from any major vendor) is released. So, if no replacement comes from Yamaha or anyone else that fills the gap (CRF250L doesn't IMO) then a clean low mileage example will likely retain decent value. If a new model comes out (like a WR450R) then you'll likely see a drop in value as people flock to that and sell off their WR250Rs over the course of the next few years.

I felt like I took a gamble picking up a brand new 2017 model a couple weeks ago. However, I know that this bike will fill the need I have despite only being 250cc as I'm not that good of an off road rider and don't intend to do more than fire trails and easy single track. I do hope that parts availability doesn't become an issue for the next 10 years.
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: Future value of WR250R?   Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:16 am

I didnt buy my bike for the resale value, its the best bike out there for me.
Nothing else matters.

I dont think we'll see many future models like this one.
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: Future value of WR250R?   Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:20 pm

Jens Eskildsen wrote:
Nothing else matters.

^^ What he said
Back to top Go down
morgan9283

PostSubject: Re: Future value of WR250R?   Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:14 pm

rsteiger wrote:
Jens Eskildsen wrote:
Nothing else matters.

^^ What he said

+1, it will be sad to see the WR go. It was an almost 10 year model though so there is hope that we'll see parts for the immediate future.

-morgan
Back to top Go down
wwguy

PostSubject: Re: Future value of WR250R?   Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:15 am

morgan9283 wrote:
It was an almost 10 year model though so there is hope that we'll see parts for the immediate future.

2008 through 2017 is 10 production model years. wink
Back to top Go down
morgan9283

PostSubject: Re: Future value of WR250R?   Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:59 pm

wwguy wrote:
morgan9283 wrote:
It was an almost 10 year model though so there is hope that we'll see parts for the immediate future.

2008 through 2017 is 10 production model years.  wink

Ah, true. Math never was my strongest subject.

-morgan
Back to top Go down
mcrider57

PostSubject: Re: Future value of WR250R?   Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:57 am

May be seeing a price slide based on info below.  When I bought my 2009 the prices were near $4,000 from private sellers.  Dealers were higher.

From another post:

WR250R/X Forum

PostSubject: Pricing a used WR   Today at 8:50 am

Hi,
I am thinking of checking out this used 2008 WR250R at a local dealer. Is got 10,700 miles. That seems high on one hand and low on the other, for the year. It has a few scratches and is missing the stock mirrors. It has a FMF Q4 exhaust with stock header, Renthal bar, skid plate, Acerbis handguards, replacement turn signals. I dont see many in this price range, it seems a decent price, what do you think?
DOHT! $3149...unknown what fees and extra charges get added, but thats the price listed.

Thanks!
wwguy
Back to top Go down
beer goggle

PostSubject: Re: Future value of WR250R?   Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:08 pm

I'm with Jens on this, too good a bike which is why I will hopefully keep mine forever and ever, even if a 450R is released I'll get one of those AND keep the 250 Very happy

If it is truly discontinued I will be ordering a bunch of spare parts now in case I struggle to find later on, or before they raise prices on parts etc. I wouldn't mind a complete set of plastics and a new subframe/engine cradle as mine has surface rust and Hammerite didn't do shit scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Future value of WR250R?   

Back to top Go down

Future value of WR250R?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1