Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Share | 

Need help deciding what to do with my WR

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Thekeeper

PostSubject: Need help deciding what to do with my WR   Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:44 pm

hey all,

i own a 16 wr250r. ride mostly technical singles aiming to improve my offroad abilities..

my wr was also a commuting bike

yesterday i bought a car for daily use means my bike is offroad only, no desert trips or long distance adventures. mostly short rides in the mountains.

i have an oppretunity to trade it for a used exc 125 with 88 hrs on it.

im tempted to get a dedicated offroad bike and being able not to care to thrash it since i have a car is lovely.. should i stay with the wr? or the exc suits me better? considering the low displacement.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Need help deciding what to do with my WR   Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:23 am

I'd trade it for the exc.
If you don't ride on the road at all there's no point riding the wrr instead of a dirt only bike.

I picked up a yz250 for similar reasons, most of my rides are short and don't require riding on the road, now I never ride my wr250r as the yz is way lighter and faster which equals having way more fun while riding the bike.
Back to top Go down
dhally

PostSubject: Re: Need help deciding what to do with my WR   Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:22 pm

Dedicated off road for sure. The suspension creates better control and traction. Not to mention the weight.

I wouldn't want a 125 2 stroke though. I like torque. If you're light maybe a 200. 300 might be overkill for most riders. Check out fuel range too.
Back to top Go down
wwguy

PostSubject: Re: Need help deciding what to do with my WR   Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:54 pm

+1 for the dedicated off-road bike if you don't need to run a plated bike anymore. Lighter weight + better suspension + better power-to-weight ratio = more fun.
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: Need help deciding what to do with my WR   Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:02 am

Yeah, dedicated bike, but the exc125 is not your only option.
Do you see yourself ringing the piss out of that bike all the time?

I'd go a bit bigger.
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Need help deciding what to do with my WR   Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:03 pm

I had an EXC 125, and it is a vastly better bike than the WRR: more power, way lighter, far better suspension... Overall, more confidence-inspiring, which makes you a better rider.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help deciding what to do with my WR   

Back to top Go down

Need help deciding what to do with my WR
Page 1 of 1