Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Share | 

Need help deciding what to do with my WR

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Thekeeper

PostSubject: Need help deciding what to do with my WR   Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:44 pm

hey all,

i own a 16 wr250r. ride mostly technical singles aiming to improve my offroad abilities..

my wr was also a commuting bike

yesterday i bought a car for daily use means my bike is offroad only, no desert trips or long distance adventures. mostly short rides in the mountains.

i have an oppretunity to trade it for a used exc 125 with 88 hrs on it.

im tempted to get a dedicated offroad bike and being able not to care to thrash it since i have a car is lovely.. should i stay with the wr? or the exc suits me better? considering the low displacement.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Need help deciding what to do with my WR   Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:23 am

I'd trade it for the exc.
If you don't ride on the road at all there's no point riding the wrr instead of a dirt only bike.

I picked up a yz250 for similar reasons, most of my rides are short and don't require riding on the road, now I never ride my wr250r as the yz is way lighter and faster which equals having way more fun while riding the bike.
Back to top Go down
dhally

PostSubject: Re: Need help deciding what to do with my WR   Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:22 pm

Dedicated off road for sure. The suspension creates better control and traction. Not to mention the weight.

I wouldn't want a 125 2 stroke though. I like torque. If you're light maybe a 200. 300 might be overkill for most riders. Check out fuel range too.
Back to top Go down
wwguy

PostSubject: Re: Need help deciding what to do with my WR   Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:54 pm

+1 for the dedicated off-road bike if you don't need to run a plated bike anymore. Lighter weight + better suspension + better power-to-weight ratio = more fun.
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: Need help deciding what to do with my WR   Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:02 am

Yeah, dedicated bike, but the exc125 is not your only option.
Do you see yourself ringing the piss out of that bike all the time?

I'd go a bit bigger.
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Need help deciding what to do with my WR   Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:03 pm

I had an EXC 125, and it is a vastly better bike than the WRR: more power, way lighter, far better suspension... Overall, more confidence-inspiring, which makes you a better rider.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help deciding what to do with my WR   

Back to top Go down

Need help deciding what to do with my WR
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1