Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Share | 

Going backwards

Go down 
AuthorMessage
dicklane625

PostSubject: Going backwards   Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:38 pm

I've been working on my balance. I have improved some on the balancing standing still. I don't know if I have to improve that a bit more first... I've been trying to ride up a slight hill, let the bike roll backwards, n ride off dealey. I suck. I keep falling. I have heard some stuff about counter steering to keep her under you. Still haven't figured it out. Any one care to offer some suggestions?
Back to top Go down
dicklane625

PostSubject: Re: Going backwards   Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:41 pm

I think it would be easier to learn on a lighter bike but this is what I have.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Going backwards   Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:18 am

How often do you ride, and where?
I don't mean at what point on a map, but what kind of terrain or roads.
Back to top Go down
dicklane625

PostSubject: Re: Going backwards   Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:18 am

Not enough, too many roads. For the most part muddy and rocky on the offroad side of things. I know of one spot with sand and that was dumped there, so none naturally. Being able to roll backwards and spin around would help me a good bit on the trails cause I don't know most of them, once I do I go exploring for others, and have to turn around often.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Going backwards   Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:38 pm

If you really want to learn your rolling-backwards maneuver, you'll have to practice, practice, practice.
A lot.
You'll crash a lot, too, but that's the only way to get good at it.
It certainly would be easier to learn on a smaller bike, especially one you won't mind dropping as much.

What me and my riding buddies would do when wanting to turn around on a trail is to just lean the bike over and dump the clutch in order to break the rear wheel loose and spin the back end around.
Careful, though, because we were experts at it.   Very happy
Back to top Go down
dicklane625

PostSubject: Re: Going backwards   Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:06 pm

I can and do, do the 180 spin if the situations right. I had a tw200 growing up, one of the old ones, don't know if the new ones are identical, that was so much easier on that thing. It took a while for me to get it on the wrr. I don't think I had enough angle at first. The tw I didn't have to angle at all, turn wheel and drop clutch, that doesn't work on the wrr... I think the rear tire on that tw was the original factory tire too, not as in make, but the one it shipped with.

I want to practice every day, but there's also the issue of not upsetting my landlord too much. I do have a bmx bike that I've been thinking about doing it with. My yard kinda sucks for a flatland bike though. I did notice practicing it for 20-30 min on the wrr is a decent work out. Not the best but decent, and it's working muscles that help with riding.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Going backwards   

Back to top Go down

Going backwards
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: General :: WRR/X General Discussion-
Jump to: