Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Chain Adjuster Block question

Go down 
+2
BillMoore
njdrt-rdr
6 posters
AuthorMessage
njdrt-rdr

Chain Adjuster Block question Empty
PostSubject: Chain Adjuster Block question   Chain Adjuster Block question EmptyThu Sep 07, 2017 9:31 am

I'm new to the wr250r and I'm looking at the chain adjuster blocks. For one I'm old and can't see the darn marks on the stock block. I wanted to go to a block like the one linked below where the adjuster bolt is integrated to the block so there's no need for a jam nut or to lock your wheel tight to pull it against the block.

The company lists the block fits wr250F but it doesn't list the wr250R. Any idea if it would fit? When I look at OEM parts, both bikes use the same part numbers.

I would put a link in for the blocks but since I'm a new member I can't post links for a week.
the blocks come from a company called boltmotorcyclehardware

Back to top Go down
BillMoore

PostSubject: Re: Chain Adjuster Block question   Chain Adjuster Block question EmptyThu Sep 07, 2017 12:23 pm

njdrt-rdr wrote:
I'm new to the wr250r and I'm looking at the chain adjuster blocks. For one I'm old and can't see the darn marks on the stock block. I wanted to go to a block like the one linked below where the adjuster bolt is integrated to the block so there's no need for a jam nut or to lock your wheel tight to pull it against the block.

The company lists the block fits wr250F but it doesn't list the wr250R. Any idea if it would fit? When I look at OEM parts, both bikes use the same part numbers.

I would put a link in for the blocks but since I'm a new member I can't post links for a week.

I'm guessing this is the product:

http://boltmotorcyclehardware.com/products/offroad/wheel-hardware/chain-adjuster-blocks/yamaha-chain-adjuster-blocks.html

Looks really cool, no idea if it would fit or not though...
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Chain Adjuster Block question   Chain Adjuster Block question EmptyThu Sep 07, 2017 7:03 pm

njdrt-rdr wrote:

The OEM Parts Diagrams show that both F and R use the same blocks, so I would expect the blocks that fit the F to fit the R too.

However, Rocky Mountain offers similar blocks for the F, but not for the R, so there may be some differences after all; you may want to call them to confirm whether they would fit the R.

Last edited by johnkol on Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
njdrt-rdr

PostSubject: Re: Chain Adjuster Block question   Chain Adjuster Block question EmptyMon Sep 11, 2017 4:57 pm

BillMoore wrote:
njdrt-rdr wrote:

I'm guessing this is the product:

*link removed*

Looks really cool, no idea if it would fit or not though...

Yes, that is them. I got this answer back from the company via email.
"Thanks for the interest.  The bikes have different axles and I believe this is the reason they will not work . We do not see too many of the WR250R’s so we haven’t tried to test fit.  The axle is specific to the WR250R."

When I finally get my bike, I may get a set of these to try anyway. Being they never actually tried to fit a pair to a WRR. I know the axle is a different part number OEM, but the OEM adjuster blocks, oem axle nut and oem axle washer are the same the same between the WRR and WRF, leading me to believe the axle diameter is the same, so it's either the length or the end opposite the nut that is different. So I'll take a chance these blocks may fit. If not maybe I can machine them to work. My friend has a set on his KTM and they sure make chain adjustment much easier.
Back to top Go down
mylesc

PostSubject: Re: Chain Adjuster Block question   Chain Adjuster Block question EmptyMon Sep 11, 2017 11:24 pm

I have the Tusk axle blocks rom Rocky Mountain and like them a lot.

Tusk Racing Axle Block Blue
Fits: 2008-Present YAMAHA WR250R
Part# 1140330011

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/3188/13580/Tusk-Racing-Axle-Block?v=11950

Chain Adjuster Block question Img_1711
Back to top Go down
njdrt-rdr

PostSubject: Re: Chain Adjuster Block question   Chain Adjuster Block question EmptyTue Sep 12, 2017 6:12 am

The reasons for the ones I'm looking at is the adjuster bolt is attached to the block. You don't need two wrenches to adjust the chain and you don't have to always make sure that the wheel is tight up against the adjuster screw before you tighten it. It always is butted up against it. But if the ones I want don't fit at least I can get tusk. THe other problem I have with the stock ones is I can't see them.

I know above I said "when I get my bike". The bike I'm buying I road for 3 days last month but gave it back to the owner until I'm done paying it off.
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: Chain Adjuster Block question   Chain Adjuster Block question EmptyWed Sep 13, 2017 1:42 pm

I looked at thoose aswell, I keep telling myself that they should fit, cant see why not.
Not willing to be the guineapig with the high import taxes from overseas tho' :/

Last edited by Jens Eskildsen on Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
njdrt-rdr

PostSubject: Re: Chain Adjuster Block question   Chain Adjuster Block question EmptyWed Sep 20, 2017 11:48 am

When I take possession of my bike in a month or two. I will be the gineau pig.
Back to top Go down
sidepipe79

PostSubject: Re: Chain Adjuster Block question   Chain Adjuster Block question EmptyTue Oct 03, 2017 9:17 am

Put them on my bike last night and can confirm that they work with no issues. Will make wheel swaps much easier for me going forward.
Back to top Go down
njdrt-rdr

PostSubject: Re: Chain Adjuster Block question   Chain Adjuster Block question EmptyTue Oct 03, 2017 12:09 pm

sidepipe79 wrote:
Put them on my bike last night and can confirm that they work with no issues. Will make wheel swaps much easier for me going forward.

Great !!!....Thanks for letting us know....I'll be ordering soon...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chain Adjuster Block question   Chain Adjuster Block question Empty

Back to top Go down

Chain Adjuster Block question
Page 1 of 1