Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New member from Maine

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MAINEWR

New member from Maine Empty
PostSubject: New member from Maine   New member from Maine EmptyMon Sep 11, 2017 6:16 am

Hello.  I've had my WR450F (Plated) I bought new in 2012 and love it.  So for his 15th birthday I bought my son a WR250R (slightly used with only 192 miles).  I thought about the other brands but didn't want the maintenance or expense of the race bikes and the WR seemed to have better suspension than the Honda.  We trail ride only and I wanted him on something street legal when he gets his license next year.  He loves it and his abilities have really shone through with a full size bike.  This is his 5th trail bike so he knows "how" but smaller frames and tires on large obstacles isn't always good.  Watching him now just impresses me and it is so much fun to ride with him.  Great bikes, great fun, great memories.

Now if I could just teach him to take care of his stuff.... Very happy
New member from Maine Roxbur10
New member from Maine Roxbur12
New member from Maine Roxbur11
Back to top Go down
MAINEWR

PostSubject: Re: New member from Maine   New member from Maine EmptyMon Sep 11, 2017 6:27 am

New member from Maine Guilfo10

And just to be fair, one with the rubber side down.  :)
Back to top Go down
jason meacham

jason meacham

PostSubject: Re: New member from Maine   New member from Maine EmptySat Sep 16, 2017 10:27 am

Hello. Just wondering what part of Maine you are from. I bring my WRR up to Maine, from CT about once a year. Quick question, Do I need an off road sticker or anything like that? Or am I good with my CT plate? I've never been stopped or questioned. I did get kicked off the logging roads up near Milinoket by a game warden. He said that even though I was street legal. You can't ride a motorcycle on those roads. Enjoy this forum, it has been a big help to me when I have had questions about my WRR. I have over 41k miles and it still runs great.
Back to top Go down
dfoustou

PostSubject: Re: New member from Maine   New member from Maine EmptySun Sep 17, 2017 12:41 pm

welcome!!!
Back to top Go down
MAINEWR

PostSubject: Re: New member from Maine   New member from Maine EmptyTue Sep 19, 2017 6:28 am

jason meacham wrote:
Hello.  Just wondering what part of Maine you are from.   I bring my WRR up to Maine, from CT about once a year.   Quick question,   Do I need an off road sticker or anything like that? Or am I good with my CT plate? I've never been stopped or questioned. I did get kicked off the logging roads up near Milinoket by a game warden.   He said that even though I was street legal.  You can't ride a motorcycle on those roads.    Enjoy this forum, it has been a big help to me when I have had questions about my WRR.    I have over 41k miles and it still runs great.    

Hello Jason. I am in the central Maine area, Belgrade. The pics are in the Newport-Guilford area and Roxbury area. YES, you must have a Maine ATV sticker to ride the trails regardless of a plate. I've heard otherwise but have been checked several times for the sticker. Just not worth the trouble and supports the clubs so I always buy them. Great to hear how these bikes last and I have loved my 450 for 5 years with no issues so I'm quite happy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New member from Maine   New member from Maine Empty

Back to top Go down

New member from Maine
Page 1 of 1