Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Share | 

Bike not revving to rev limiter

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheGreen1

PostSubject: Bike not revving to rev limiter   Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:57 pm

Hi All

I have 2008 wr250r with 10k miles... I know i need to ride more. It has a fmf q4, open airbox and pcV with ignition and stock gearing.  

The issue that Im having is that it doesn't want to rev to the rev limiter.  The bike revs great, has great power until the upper end of the RPM range. At the upper 3rd of the RPM range it just seems to fall completely flat.  However, in the mid and upper mid range it runs great.  For example I can accelerate in 6th gear while doing 60 GPS MPH.  That is 10000% better then when it was stock.

Before I started working on the bike,  I would have no problem hitting the rev limited in 1st and 2nd gear.  Now,  it might hit the rev limited if I wait for a long time in 1st and I dont have the patients to wait that long in second.

Do other people have the same experience when the bike is tuned?

A couple of questions:
Do other people have the same experience when the bike is tuned?
I think that if this is and issue its related to fuel deliver:
 I was thinking dirty fuel filter, bike is 10ish years old and running the same fuel filter.
My other thought was a fuel pump that isn't able to keep up.  Again 10 years old and the 2008's may have had some fuel pump issues.  
Last, Im going to change my map to a more stock map to see what happens.

Thanks for any input.
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: Bike not revving to rev limiter   Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:18 am

So what mods does the bike have?

If just a exhaust and intake mods I would pull the fuel programmer and see what happens. There are several of us who have exhaust and intake mods but do not run a fuel programmer and once the bike warms up it runs fine.
Back to top Go down

Bike not revving to rev limiter
Page 1 of 1