Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Only starts in neutral

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
vanbiker

Only starts in neutral Empty
PostSubject: Only starts in neutral   Only starts in neutral EmptyFri Sep 15, 2017 4:08 pm

I've followed a few posts on this topic, but have not resolved my issue yet. The kickstand switch works, the neutral switch works, but the clutch switch does not. I've tried unplugging it, crossing the wires with a lead, and even unplugged it at the junction near the fuse box where the switch leads connect to the harness. No luck. So here is what happens: it starts in neutral as it should, kickstand up or down. Put it in gear and when I put kickstand down it dies-as it should. But put it in gear, and with clutch pulled is still doesn't operate the starter. Help?
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Only starts in neutral   Only starts in neutral EmptyFri Sep 15, 2017 7:28 pm

Is the side stand up while attempting to start?
Back to top Go down
vanbiker

PostSubject: Re: Only starts in neutral   Only starts in neutral EmptyMon Sep 18, 2017 12:19 pm

YZEtc wrote:
Is the side stand up while attempting to start?

Yes, it works fine. So I unplugged the switch from the harness and the lever, shorted the two leads from the harness, and presto it starts in gear. So I presume the problem is somewhere in the switch wires or connectors at the harness end....I ordered a new one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Only starts in neutral   Only starts in neutral Empty

Back to top Go down

Only starts in neutral
Page 1 of 1