Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Strange and severe bog after rapid shifting

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jsneeb

Strange and severe bog after rapid shifting Empty
PostSubject: Strange and severe bog after rapid shifting   Strange and severe bog after rapid shifting EmptyWed Oct 04, 2017 12:56 pm

Hey I bought this bike a few months ago and it's had the issue since day one. Have not contacted the P.O yet too see if he had any advice yet.

Here's the deal.

When I shift from any gear up ie 2-->3 , 3--->4 etc, and get back on the throttle the bike bogs like crazy and misfires. If I clutch in BUT STAY ON THE THROTTLE I can hear popping and erratic firing of the cylinder.

This happens more often when the bike is cold, but still happens when it's warm also.

This happens most often around shifts but has happened at least once during a hill climb where I was just holding steady power.

If I let off the throttle completely and get back on the throttle the issue is immediately gone.

The issue is hard to replicate but quick shifting seems to provoke it, with or without use of clutch.

Relvant mods:

Bike is a 2015
I have the FMF pipe, Exup delete, and FMF programmer with settings 3,3,3,8,8,8. Running pump gas 89 Oct. Went through several tanks, so it's not bad gas.
Run MT43 tires and Yamalube 10w-40
I am at 4300 ft elevation. The issue occurs at all elevations.

Ideas?

Seems electrical and I'm an electrical engineer by profession so I can conduct detailed test.

I will post video once I download footage from my go-pro.

Last edited by jsneeb on Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jsneeb

PostSubject: Re: Strange and severe bog after rapid shifting   Strange and severe bog after rapid shifting EmptyWed Oct 04, 2017 12:58 pm

This has been more of an inconvenience most of the time except yesterday I ate shit on a hillclimb because I lost power, had to chop the throttle to get power back and lost momentum at the steepest section.
Now I have incentive to figure this out because I don't want to eat shit any more.
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: Strange and severe bog after rapid shifting   Strange and severe bog after rapid shifting EmptyWed Oct 04, 2017 4:01 pm

Try to disable the programmer and see if the problem goes away..
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: Strange and severe bog after rapid shifting   Strange and severe bog after rapid shifting EmptyWed Oct 04, 2017 4:12 pm

+1 on disabling the programmer.

You may also want to check out the electrical connections and air filter.
Back to top Go down
jsneeb

PostSubject: Re: Strange and severe bog after rapid shifting   Strange and severe bog after rapid shifting EmptyThu Oct 05, 2017 9:57 am

Looks like it might be the programmer.

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/2008-wr250r-cut-out-issue.1086932/

http://www.electronicjetkit.com/dirtbike/viewproduct.asp?partnumber=9310207

I'll disable it or change the setting and see if the issue goes away.

I noted my original message had the wrong settings listed.

They are actually 3,3,3,0.5,0.5,0.5

Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Strange and severe bog after rapid shifting   Strange and severe bog after rapid shifting EmptyThu Oct 05, 2017 2:25 pm

jsneeb wrote:
They are actually 3,3,3,0.5,0.5,0.5

You may want to take a look at the FI Mapping Thread  because your numbers look way off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strange and severe bog after rapid shifting   Strange and severe bog after rapid shifting Empty

Back to top Go down

Strange and severe bog after rapid shifting
Page 1 of 1