Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Share | 

Testing out Motoz Extreme Hybrid w/ Mitas E-09 Dakar Front!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
darngood1

PostSubject: Testing out Motoz Extreme Hybrid w/ Mitas E-09 Dakar Front!   Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:06 pm

Howdy from Idaho.  Just letting anyone interested know that I now have about 500 miles on a 120/80 Motoz Extreme Hybrid rear on a 90/90 Mitas E09 Dakar front.
My conclusion so far is that they are both fantastic.  For a nearly knobby tire, the Motoz does quite well on the street (its DOT) especially cornering.  I commute 30 minutes each way on pavement almost daily, then ride in the desert or mountains on the weekends.  The lugs on the Motoz are not wearing down hardly at all, and when I get in the loose stuff off-road I have more confidence than I've ever had.  This tire is like a 90/10 or 80/20 offroad/on road, but it's handling that role extremely well.  I run this with a tube, at about 22PSI until I get off road, then drop it down to about 15PSI.  The Mitas E09 front is a darn heavy duty tire with a higher load and pressure rating meant for bigger dual sport bikes.  It still looks new after 500 miles of mostly pavement.  I'm happy with it on and off road for the way I ride- it's not a motocross tire, but as a trail tire d/s tire it's great so far.  

Even though these tires are still 95% perfect, I'm getting a set of Shinko's to try out soon (I work with the distributor).  I will try out the Shinko's and compare them.  The Motoz/Mitas setup is my aggressive 80/20 DOT setup.  The Shinko's will also be an aggressive 90/10, 80/20 setup.  I'll report back when I have about 500 miles on them.

Last edited by darngood1 on Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jotis

PostSubject: Re: Testing out Motoz Extreme Hybrid w/ Mitas E-09 Dakar Front!   Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:18 pm

Awesome, can't get enough tire info! Cheers!
Back to top Go down

Testing out Motoz Extreme Hybrid w/ Mitas E-09 Dakar Front!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1