Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Old fart still riding.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ridingorflying

ridingorflying

Old fart still riding. Empty
PostSubject: Old fart still riding.   Old fart still riding. EmptyMon Oct 30, 2017 2:22 pm

New to this forum. Looking to buy a WR250r. Lower the seat by 3-4 inches (thats why I sold my CRF 450)...my inseam is short and my hips are not as flexible as they used to be!

I also ride street with a Ducati Hyper motard and a Kawasaki Concours.

I am fat and bald, but I still have my good looks and sense of humor and that is why the ladies love me.
Back to top Go down
BillMoore

PostSubject: Re: Old fart still riding.   Old fart still riding. EmptyMon Oct 30, 2017 5:17 pm

I'm short too... and mid-50's, not sure if that qualifies as old fart around here or not. I'm 5'7" with 30" inseam. What I've done to lower the WR:

1. Factory lowering adjustment (gets you about 5/8 inch)
2. YamaLink (gets you about 3/4 inch)
3. Fork tubes pushed up 1 inch (compensates for suspension geometry changes from the above)
4. SeatConcepts low seat (gets you another 3/4 inch)

All of the above in combination nets you a little over 2 inches, and when if your sag is set properly the bike will drop another 2" when you sit on it.

With this, I can comfortably get the balls of both feet down when on level ground, or slide a bit to one side and flat-foot one foot.

I'm actually thinking about putting the factory adjustment back to the stock setting and pushing the forks back down about half an inch. I've found the bike is so light compared to the DR650 I was riding before that I really don't need more than one foot down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Old fart still riding.   Old fart still riding. EmptyThu Nov 02, 2017 5:51 pm

ridingorflying wrote:
New to this forum. Looking to buy a WR250r. Lower the seat by 3-4 inches (thats why I sold my CRF 450)...my inseam is short and my hips are not as flexible as they used to be!

I also ride street with a Ducati Hyper motard and a Kawasaki Concours.

I am fat and bald, but I still have my good looks and sense of humor and that is why the ladies love me.

If you're going to ride dirt I would suggest a lower lighter bike like a ttr or drz250. The wrr is tall heavy and sorta wide. Awesome for dual sport but just OK for trails.
Back to top Go down
MississippiDan

MississippiDan

PostSubject: New Member   Old fart still riding. EmptyThu Dec 28, 2017 8:29 pm

New myself to this site. I also have a few years behind me. I use to ride dirt bikes about 20 years ago and have owned and still ride a Harley.
I have a 2017 Road Glide, and just purchased a new 2017  Yamaha WR250R. I have several friends that ride dirt and a few co-workers so I thought I would go back to it. Let me tell you, I may ride this 250R more than my Harley, this thing is too much fun. cheers I've only had it about a month and put about 100 miles on it so far. I can tell you now I made a good choice. I was torn between the Honda 250L and the Yamaha. The suspension is so much better, that and the reviews made up my mind. Also didn't want the extra power and weight of the 450.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old fart still riding.   Old fart still riding. Empty

Back to top Go down

Old fart still riding.
Page 1 of 1