Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Share | 

Shock spring rate change through model years?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
johnkol

PostSubject: Shock spring rate change through model years?   Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:32 am

Looking through all available sources, everyone seems to agree that the spring rate of the stock shock is 7.7 kg/mm. That is also the value the Race Tech chart displays for the 2008 and 2009 WRR:

But for 2010 and beyond, Race Tech is showing that the stock spring rate is 8.2 kg/mm:

Has anyone encountered this before? I cannot find any other sources to corroborate this information.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Shock spring rate change through model years?   Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:32 am

The parts catalogue I viewed shows the exact same part number for the rear shock assembly (spring and all) used from 2008 to 2016.
Back to top Go down
wwguy

PostSubject: Re: Shock spring rate change through model years?   Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:04 am

The Yamaha service manual chassis specifications section shows 80.00 N/mm (456.80 lb/in) (8.16 kgf/mm) for all model years.
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Shock spring rate change through model years?   Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:17 pm

wwguy wrote:
The Yamaha service manual chassis specifications section shows 80.00 N/mm (456.80 lb/in) (8.16 kgf/mm) for all model years.

This is the free manual downloaded from the web, right? I have the same one, and people have stated that this is a pre-production version with a lot of errors.

Even Go-Race have stated on this forum that the shock spring rate is 7.7 kg/mm:

Back to top Go down
wwguy

PostSubject: Re: Shock spring rate change through model years?   Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:27 pm

johnkol wrote:
This is the free manual downloaded from the web, right? I have the same one, and people have stated that this is a pre-production version with a lot of errors.

The first-edition PDF manual published in 2007 shows the same suspension specs as the 2008-2015 printed manual in my workshop. The older PDF version does contain several errors, mostly in wiring schematics.
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Shock spring rate change through model years?   Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:52 pm

wwguy wrote:
The first-edition PDF manual published in 2007 shows the same suspension specs as the 2008-2015 printed manual in my workshop.  The older PDF version does contain several errors, mostly in wiring schematics.

Any idea then why people are quoting 7.7 kg/mm as the shock spring rate? Where is this value coming from if the manual has been stating 8.2 kg/mm right from the beginning?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shock spring rate change through model years?   

Back to top Go down

Shock spring rate change through model years?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1