Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Share | 

q4 turndown tip

Go down 
AuthorMessage
njdrt-rdr

PostSubject: q4 turndown tip   Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:59 pm

In an effort to make my bike quieter with the q4, I've been thinking about a turndown for the end of the muffler. Has anyone fabbed one up, if so, do you have an pictures?

Thanks
njdrt-rdr
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: q4 turndown tip   Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:30 am

Ive seen (and made) DIY Dbkillers, I've also seen plain washers welded to the exhaust-tip to restrict the flow a bit, and make the bike quieter
Back to top Go down
dicklane625

PostSubject: Re: q4 turndown tip   Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:34 pm

This is why I like mufflers with disks. With that kind of system you can tune the exhaust. 1 disk is gonna be quiet but probably not even run, as you add disks flow and sound go up. There's always the option of pulling them all off to be a dick. Not counting cool off time it doesn't take to long to find the mix you want.

I've seen some ktms that come with them stock, at least one fmf that had them, and supertrapps. If you could find one used it might be worth frankensteining them together. I think some are spark arresters too. Still depending on where you ride they might give you crap if they know you modified it. I've never been anywhere that checked though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: q4 turndown tip   

Back to top Go down

q4 turndown tip
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: Technical :: Pipes 'n Programmers-
Jump to: