Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Air box Flapper Valve removal

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MississippiDan

MississippiDan

Air box Flapper Valve removal Empty
PostSubject: Air box Flapper Valve removal   Air box Flapper Valve removal EmptyWed Jan 03, 2018 10:13 pm

I have a 2017 Yamaha WR250R, I keep seeing videos on removing the air box flapper valve, I understand that it greatly helps throttle response. My question, is this worth doing and if I do, will it cause it to run lean and require a computer map change ?
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: Air box Flapper Valve removal   Air box Flapper Valve removal EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 5:32 pm

MississippiDan wrote:
I have a 2017 Yamaha WR250R, I keep seeing videos on removing the air box flapper valve, I understand that it greatly helps throttle response. My question, is this worth doing and if I do, will it cause it to run lean and require a computer map change ?

See my response in your other post.

There is a easier way to do this that is very easily reversed if you don't like it.
Back to top Go down
Potentate

PostSubject: Re: Air box Flapper Valve removal   Air box Flapper Valve removal EmptySat Jan 13, 2018 3:12 pm

There are some guys who proved it does increase power. I did it, it wasn't difficult, and I've never had it run lean or cause issues, but I also can't say that it "feels" any different.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Air box Flapper Valve removal   Air box Flapper Valve removal Empty

Back to top Go down

Air box Flapper Valve removal
Page 1 of 1