Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Rekluse

Go down 
+3
DWK
okie142
Jerry S
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Jerry S

Rekluse  Empty
PostSubject: Rekluse    Rekluse  EmptyThu Mar 01, 2018 5:27 pm

I thought I try out an auto clutch so I installed a Rekluse. Anyone else running a Rekluse?

I thought the install was straightforward with the exception of setting the gap between the pressure plate and lining plate.

It takes a little getting used to, not entirely sure if I have it adjusted right though...
Back to top Go down
okie142

Rekluse  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rekluse    Rekluse  EmptyWed May 09, 2018 12:39 pm

So Jerry S. How is the Rekluse treating you so far? Any feedback you can share good or bad? Thanks,
Back to top Go down
Jerry S

Rekluse  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rekluse    Rekluse  EmptyWed May 09, 2018 1:58 pm

After you get used to it, it's so much fun. My wife actually rides the WR now and she hits all kinds of lines that she wouldn't have otherwise tried.

- There was no loss of engine braking for steep downhills either.

- Overall, it's been a good upgrade. Especially if you like single track or technical riding.

Back to top Go down
okie142

Rekluse  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rekluse    Rekluse  EmptyThu May 10, 2018 5:24 pm

Thanks for the feedback...I am sure I would like it since I have one on a 2 stroke I own but the cost is currently holding me back.
Back to top Go down
Jerry S

Rekluse  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rekluse    Rekluse  EmptyFri May 11, 2018 2:09 pm

I swapped the rear sprocket to 50 tooth from a 48, and put a Shinko trials tire on the WR and it's a tactical scooter now. Took it for a fairly long ride of mixed single track, desert, and some pavement. It can definitely make a ride more enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
DWK

Rekluse  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rekluse    Rekluse  EmptyMon Jun 18, 2018 12:47 am

I am running the stock clutch on my WR but have the Rekluse on a FE501S Husky. I really like it for tight, nasty stuff. If your clutch control is very good, you can achieve the same results without the Rekluse. However, at well over 60 I don't have the same skill level as when I was younger so the Rekluse is worth the money for me.
Dave
Back to top Go down
ZedZX20

ZedZX20

Rekluse  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rekluse    Rekluse  EmptyWed Jul 25, 2018 10:27 pm

I have the rekluse on my WR250R, it's a nice addition. My main reason for buying it was so I could use a LHRB and not worry about the engine stalling when locking the rear tire. Another good thing about it is it makes clutchless downshifts easier when coming into a corner fast. I'll be looking forward to using it in Seattle traffic when my bike is converted to a motard. No more dead forearm from pulling in the clutch (not that the WRR had a heavy clutch to begin with).
Back to top Go down
dwollie

Rekluse  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rekluse    Rekluse  EmptyThu Aug 23, 2018 2:52 am

Bought one because I heard great things about it. Very well made, and no more engine stalling.
Back to top Go down
JimTid

Rekluse  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rekluse    Rekluse  EmptyTue Mar 19, 2019 11:48 pm

I installed the Rekluse clutch in my 2017 WR250R. I like it a lot. I ride mostly dual sport. It makes riding in first and second gear much easier. I no longer have to modulate the clutch and throttle at low speed. It won't shut off in tight technical situations. It cost $579 from Revzilla. It took several hours to install. I could do it now in an hour. The instruction suggested modifying the throw out rod by repositioning a nut and washer. I did this on my first attempt but could not achieve the required amount of free play at the clutch lever. After a call to tech support I reconfigured the throw out rod to the OEM set up. I was then able to achieve the required amount of free play. The damned thing is magical and I recommend it for off road technical riding. You can still use the clutch lever if you want to.
Back to top Go down
BenWRR

Rekluse  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rekluse    Rekluse  EmptyThu Apr 27, 2023 8:10 am

One of the first things I had done was to install the Rekluse Core EXP 3.0. I have the EXP 3.0 in the wife/kids TT-R 125 and as I loved how it worked, I had to get one for my first Beta, then my second and knew that I had to have one in this WRR.

The install is simple. The only catch is that the instructions had wanted one to change the throwout rod as JimTid had mentioned.

The way I had done it was to do what Rekluse had instructed and to adjust the clutch perch adjustment to halfway out as well as the cable adjuster, then with the throwout rod installed, pull the clutch lever and see if it lifts the pressure plate up and off the clutch stack. Once I had done this and locked the two nuts against each other, I had the free play gain in the ballpark. Once I got the clutch assembled, I could then fine tune the free play gain using both the adjusters on the clutch perch and the cable.

Once the free play gain is adjusted, the clutch works incredibly well. I left the wedges alone and had also left the springs in the EXP plate alone as I like an early engaging clutch so that when I roll on the throttle, the bike just moves, nice and easy. The funny thing is that because I have been using a clutch for so long, I still use the clutch as if I don't have the Rekluse. The Rekluse just really helps to eliminate any stalling and it makes pivot turns, either left or right, simple as I don't need to worry about either stalling or dealing with the clutch. I had noticed this issue, of making pivot turns, anytime we'd venture into/onto new trails and we'd have to turn around and the Rekluse just makes it so easy when needing to turn around on tight singletrack trails.
Back to top Go down
BenWRR

Rekluse  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rekluse    Rekluse  EmptySat Mar 02, 2024 5:48 pm

The Rekluse Core 3.0 EXP is still working perfectly in my 2020.  

I had replaced the clutch pack with the Tusk fibers and steels as the OEM friction plates had worn, most likely from my having had let good friends ride the bike.  More than likely they had ridden a gear too high here and there and let the clutch spin/burn/slip. I had tried the heavy duty springs that came with the kit but they were way too stiff and made the clutch pull very hard. After 3 to 4 pulls, my hand was already tired, the springs were that hard/stiff.

The Tusk clutch kit works just as good as the stock clutch pack and for quite a bit less at $50 shipped.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rekluse  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rekluse    Rekluse  Empty

Back to top Go down

Rekluse
Page 1 of 1