Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Stator recall/replaced - now leaking oil

Go down 
AuthorMessage
syspig

Stator recall/replaced - now leaking oil Empty
PostSubject: Stator recall/replaced - now leaking oil   Stator recall/replaced - now leaking oil EmptyThu Mar 22, 2018 2:09 pm

Some time in the last year, my 2008 WRR has developed a tiny oil leak on the left side of the engine. Hard to tell where it's coming from, but it tends to puddle near the stator wire and/or base of the jug before eventually dripping down and getting blown around.

It just occurred to me this possibly isn't simple wear and tear. Last year, my local dealer replaced the stator under the recall that was sent out - and I'm guessing one or more gaskets or seals are involved in the same general area. So, perhaps old seals/gaskets were re-used, or new ones were defective or installed improperly - who knows.

I'll check with the dealer to see if they'll take responsibility, but it has been about a year since the work was done. I looked at a couple parts diagrams, and unless I'm missing something - it looks like there's only a cover gasket and the integrated rubber grommet on the stator wire. Gasket is #6 in the attached diagram.

Are there any other potential seals/gaskets related to a stator replacement I should be looking at?

Stator recall/replaced - now leaking oil Screen10
Back to top Go down

Stator recall/replaced - now leaking oil
Page 1 of 1