Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?

Go down 
+12
joenuclear
Corkonian
No~One
taoshum
BigBird
andy mac
chofilena
Krabill
highsierrabear
Bob
mwakey
Machtig
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage

Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 2:00 am

del

Last edited by LightFoot on Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: BigFeet re: Street riding - hard acceleration   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 2:09 am

del

Last edited by LightFoot on Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: downshifting   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 2:32 am

del

Last edited by LightFoot on Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
chofilena

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 1:37 am

[quote="BigFeet"]OK, as I'm getting long winded on this, here's my take on downshifting:

Now that my bike is shifted clutchless only, I ONLY downshift for engine braking on really snotty downhill trails. It works fine and has never centripetally disengaged on me; not even once.

In any other street or dirt riding (especially high speed), I solely use the LHRB and love it.

The bike setup is now fully clutchless and AS SUCH - tends to be a little resistant to multi down shifting... Worded another way, it does not like downshifting/engine braking from interstate speeds. Nothing violent or unseemly, just a bit resistant.

So I now do highway/interstate decel just with the brakes and then start down shifting from 6th at lower speeds than I used to. Like at 30 mph... snick it down to 4th... 15 mph, notch out 2 more... go to first at a stop. It sounds harder than it is; mainly I don't start downshifting at 60 or 50 anymore unless a steep climb rarely requires that. But that ain't decel anyway.

Mainly, I think it's easier to neutralize engine loading via throttle at lower speeds than at interstate speeds. Or somethin' brainiac like that. poser2 Seriously though, it downshifts best/easiest/smoothest when the throttle isn't trying to accel or decel the bike. That should have been obvious but again, it wasn't to me. Shog

If you use an autoclutch/clutchless shifting setup, you'll likely soon see what I mean. Otherwise, ya' can ignore this post.

Feetsus Shiftimus Very happy [/quote

All you claim here is all correct and im all feeling this too. Shifting to a higher gear, you just have to roll back the throttle a bit and your good to go. Shifting to a lower gear is.... i cant really explain it yet. But i notice you have to be in a good rpm to shift it smoothly. Just give a little gas as soon as you shift down to compensate for the engine brake. I notice when shifting to neutral the bike should be running with a slight rpm before stopping the bike. When full stop and shifting to neutral seems impossible, did not try to force it.
Back to top Go down
joenuclear

joenuclear

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 11:30 am

You young whippersnappers are too young to remember but back in the day drag racers would preload the shifter with their toe [or hand] and as the RPM's rose they would thumb a momentary kill button. This would interrupt the ignition for a few thousandths of a second allowing the shift to be made much faster than backing off the throttle. I've got to go now as my Ensure is warm and I need my nappy.
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 3:37 pm

So any new updates if they are going to produce this?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 11:00 pm

del

Last edited by LightFoot on Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 11:03 pm

del

Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 3:42 am

Got an email saying maybe end of Jan. I love my rekluse in the ktm and can't wait to add this to the wr
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Revloc Update   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 7:12 pm

del

Back to top Go down
Farmer Hank

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 10:49 am

scratch Revloc's website now states that they are no longer building motorcycle clutches and that they are pursuing some mysterious new endeavour. Don't know what's up with that.
Back to top Go down
TrintCole

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 7:26 am

Subject: Revloc Dynaring for sale   Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:19 am
I purchased a revloc Dynaring kit from the Australian dealer. I've had it in the bike for maybe 20 miles 50/50 on/off road. Kit works fine, just not sure I like autoclutches.

It cost me $520 total shipped to me. I'd like to get $400. Make me an offer if you are interested. I'll take paypal.

Kit is 100 percent, instructions and all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5