Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Share | 

I sadly sold my WRR after 8 years of ownership ...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
zone47

PostSubject: I sadly sold my WRR after 8 years of ownership ...    Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:42 am

cry

I've been riding street for 44 years but don't think my reflexes and vision is up to the task of dealing with the aggressive and inattentive snarl of traffic these days. dddog   People are nuts out there and the deer have no regard for crosswalks.

Here is the thing, I've owned almost 70 bikes through the years, so I've had some cool bikes but the WRR is probably one of the bikes I had the most fun on.   Somehow it made me feel like a kid again... all adventurous and excited to get out and explore different places.    Too, it was like going full circle, starting on a street - trail Suzuki 185 and ending up on the WR250R.     The young man who bought my bike last night got a good example!  It was well maintained and not abused, so good for him.

I have a funny feeling I'll talk myself into another one some day, if only for a Sunday ride kind of thing. amazon

Thank you, that will be all.
Back to top Go down
DPete

PostSubject: Re: I sadly sold my WRR after 8 years of ownership ...    Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:55 am

Sounds like you had a pretty good run, if the fun is gone it's time to hang it up, you have lots of memories to reflect on.
Back to top Go down
jamiemm18

PostSubject: Re: I sadly sold my WRR after 8 years of ownership ...    Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:13 pm

There are some places that rent them... Maybe that would be easier than ownership if you only want to go for a ride a couple of times a year. How many miles were on your bike? What did you like best about it? Did it ever breakdown?
Back to top Go down
zone47

PostSubject: Re: I sadly sold my WRR after 8 years of ownership ...    Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:36 pm

jamiemm18 wrote:
There are some places that rent them... Maybe that would be easier than ownership if you only want to go for a ride a couple of times a year. How many miles were on your bike? What did you like best about it? Did it ever breakdown?

I bought it with like 900 miles and sold it with 8800....

I liked it because it's so nimble.  I could stop and do a quick U turn on a dime if I had to.  Or if someone ran me off into a ditch, well, that's where the bike shines. dunno

77 mpg isn't too shabby either and have fun burning that gas.    

It fell over once and then somehow the kill switch stuck so I ended up having to disconnect the battery and reset the computer.... it was kind of weird.   I got some water in the gas one time too and that really messed with me figuring that one out, but over all it was reliable as the sun.

I'll probably get something else along the way... most likely another street dirt bike of some kind.   I go to Mid Ohio vintage days every year and so it's the best shopping ever for motorcycles of any type, especially vintage stuff.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: I sadly sold my WRR after 8 years of ownership ...    Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:42 am

Howdy.

You've owned about as many bikes as I have over the years.
I stopped counting after 50 of them, and I still to this day have not bothered to add-up how much money that has been.
It certainly has been my life-long interest and hobby, so I believe I can get an idea of how you feel about motorcycles.

I owned both a 2008 WR250R and 2008 WR250X, and liked them.
The WR250X, especially, because it was a fun street bike.
Compared to other street bikes, it's very light-weight, nimble, and with a great engine for sport riding.
I also owned a 2009 Suzuki DR-Z400SM - that I spent over $2,000 in all of the popular modifications for those bikes - and felt the WR250X was actually the more fun-to-ride bike.

If you were to think about getting another street bike in the near future, and perhaps one with more CCs, I recommend a Yamaha FZ-07 (now designated the MT-07 for 2018).
It's a 689cc twin-cylindered bike, so while it weighs more than a WR250X, it has a much lower seat height, is very light-weight and nimble for a 689cc Twin, and has the engine characteristics of a big, single-cylindered Thumper (plenty of low- and mid-range torque).
I have owned my 2015 FZ-07 since August of 2014, and it is definitely one of the most fun-to-ride bikes I've ever owned.
Back to top Go down
on2wheels52

PostSubject: Re: I sadly sold my WRR after 8 years of ownership ...    Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:22 pm

I've been saying I'm going to be riding at 100 (Freddie Marsh is my hero).
It might be on a scooter (electric I suppose) or else with a sidecar.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I sadly sold my WRR after 8 years of ownership ...    

Back to top Go down

I sadly sold my WRR after 8 years of ownership ...
Page 1 of 1