Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Cost $$

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
tearapin

Cost $$ Empty
PostSubject: Cost $$   Cost $$ EmptyThu Apr 19, 2018 5:50 pm

Decided to go with a wr250r.  Dealers here have both 17 and 18 models.  Brand new.  What is a good out the door price on both years?  Any opinions on other stuff

regarding the purchase is welcome.

Located in Idaho.
Back to top Go down
nick7744

Cost $$ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cost $$   Cost $$ EmptyThu Apr 19, 2018 10:51 pm

I bought a 2017 from the dealer with 600 miles still under warranty for 3 months. $4999 plus the TTL. I thought that was pretty good deal.
Back to top Go down
PeteJE

Cost $$ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cost $$   Cost $$ EmptyMon Apr 23, 2018 12:57 pm

I Just bought a new 2018 with literally .2 on the odo...... It was 7300 all-in, out the door. They wouldnt go 100 less from there. Was something like 5900+ttl+dealer fee - I think they still had 500 - 800 in there to play with before it bacame a cash flow deal, but it was the best price in my shopping around and they have to make profits. And, BTW, I love it :)Cost $$ 6ca97e10
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

Cost $$ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cost $$   Cost $$ EmptyMon Apr 23, 2018 1:48 pm

Usually dealers don't have a lot of margin on new bikes so they don't have a lot of wiggle room unless the thing has been sitting on their floor forever and then they may deal on it to get out of paying the loan interest on the unit.

With new bikes the area where I have seen dealers make their money is the added fees. On most manufacturers websites you can see the Destination and Freight charge that they hit the dealers for so at least you should have that number available. However, I don't see it on the Yamaha site at the moment.

The tag and title fees you can figure out from your local tag office.

After that it is all the doc and admin fees that you can whittle away.

However, on used bikes Dealers have a lot more wiggle room to deal on price. So if you can find one that only has a few miles on it and still under warranty then that is a pretty good fishing hole to cast your line.
Back to top Go down
DPete

DPete

Cost $$ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cost $$   Cost $$ EmptyMon Apr 23, 2018 4:13 pm

Usually you can get a pretty good deal on the year left over, I have bought a few that way over the years, squeeze them a little on the 17' I'm sure they would like to see it leave.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cost $$ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cost $$   Cost $$ Empty

Back to top Go down

Cost $$
Page 1 of 1